Sunday, June 9, 2013

May Beauty Favourites







1. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Espresso. 


This is in my top 3 eyeshadow colours. I originally got in a neutral eyes palette and have been using it for about 2 years. It is the perfect crease color for a neutral eye. It goes on a bit darker than it looks in the pot, but the staying power and formula are perfection. Luckily, I was able to find this single eyeshadow on Ebay. The Bobbi Brown website does not have this shade as a single eyeshadow, it only comes in the "Bobbi Brown's Eye Collection". 

2. Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Spicy Cinnamon. 


I bought this on a whim when CVS was having their season beauty clearance. For about $2. Turns out, it is one of the most flattering lipsticks I have ever found for really pale skin tones. It is a dark burgundy, super creamy and stays on very well all day. 

3. Benefit's They're Real Mascara


This mascara really lives up to its name. It lengthens and thickens lashes, and does not smudge at all. It is slightly difficult to take off at night, but I will probably re-buy this when I run out, despite the fact that is is $23. 

4. Coconut and Argan Oil. 


I had been reading a lot about the benefits of oils as beauty products and decided to give them a try. My coconut oil is organic, cold pressed and comes in a big tub from Costco. I like to put it in smaller containers so it is easier to handle. It also alternates texture according to temperature, but works the same way. I have been using it to take off my eye makeup before my cleanser. It works very well as a makeup remover. I also rub it into my entire body, excluding face, after I shower. It smells fantastic and is a really nice moisturizer. 

The Argan oil I have only been using in my hair. I tried the coconut oil in my hair, but it just made my ends too greasy. The Argan oil however, makes my split ends less noticeable and is lighter. Pure Argan oil seems to be about $10 an ounce and I paid around that on Ebay. 

5. Andalou Naturals Creamy Cleanser


I really love this cleanser. I was using Cetaphil before, and this actually has a similar texture, but smells and feels about 10 times better. I don't know about its brightening properties, but it feels very nice on my combination skin and does not make me break out. About $10 on Amazon. 

6. Essie Polishes in First Timer and Under Where


I have essentially wearing only these two shades all month. They are a part of Essie's 2013 Resort Collection and $8 each at CVS. The formula of the purple colour is actually better than the green, being a little thinner, but both colours are equally opaque in 2 coats. 

7. Z-Pallette


I think this is an essential product for anyone who has multiple eyeshadow pallettes. It is a magnetic board pallette where you can attach your depotted eyeshadows. I accidentally stabbed a couple of my shadows in the process, but now they are all in the same place and very easy to use and transport. $23 on Amazon. 

8. Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Shampoo


I have recently decided to change my hair care regimen, and one of the changes I made was to start using a sulfate free shampoo and also only shampoo my bangs when I wash my hair. The results have been very good, and my hair feels a lot more moisturized and healthy. This shampoo is really nice because it is super gentle. $24 at Ulta. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so glad you finally got a Z-palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I had a couple accidents while depotting though.

      Delete