Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review: Korres Blush in Pink



I have been wanting to try Korres products for a long time now, because I had heard great things about their quality. Plus, most of their cosmetics and skincare items are made without parabens, sulfates and other ingredients I like to avoid. And this blush made me really happy.



I would say that packaging is average. The blush comes in a sturdy brown plastic compact with a mirror. And the compact comes in a little white box. Then the name of the product is written on the outside in English and French. I don't quite understand why French when the company is from Greece, but I feel like the overall design could be a little nicer for the price tag. Both Sephora and the Korres website sell this blush for $24.99. 


So far I have seen 4 colours of blush, and I chose the very lightest one, Pink. The product does not have a smell that I can detect, but I usually don't mine scented products anyway. 


I like that the packaging comes with a nice big mirror. This blush gives you a lot of product, .29 ounces. For comparison purposes, the standard size of MAC blushes is .21 ounces and they retail for $21. Or higher end, NARS blushes are .16 ounces for $29. So the price of this blush ($24.99) and how much product you get for that price is similar to a mid range line, and looking at their other prices for products they seem to be an upper mid range line. Just based on the prices of course, quality is a different story. 


The blush is described as luminous. Translated into my terms it means shiny. While you can't see it on the swatch, the blush really does look "luminous" on my cheeks. But I don't mind. It looks like the correct version of glow-y. 
It is a very light colour. I had to get about 3 swipes on my arm to build up the colour. But it IS very build able. And a nice light pink. 
I like the texture of the blush, it's very finely milled and goes on evenly with my completely non fancy blush brush. 
Overall, I think this is a great item for me because the colour looks so good on my very pale skin. And I love the buildability and finish of it. The other colours though, I'll have to wait and see.
I definitely want to try more Korres though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment