Saturday, October 26, 2013

Haul: Sunscreen, It's a 10, Glamoflauge and Revlon.




So I did a little bit of internet shopping this week. I have heard so many people talk about the Miracle Leave In by It's a 10, that I had to try it out. I'm pretty skeptical about any product that claims to be a "miracle", but I keep seeing it in youtube videos and blogs so I bought a bottle. And I also purchased some things from the Walmart website. I really like ordering from there because the prices are lower than drugstores near me and they ship things pretty quickly. However, real Walmart stores tend to be about as pleasant as crowded buses where one creepy guy is staring at you far too often. 



I bought this from Amazon actually, for $13.95. Some people have mentioned that if you buy it in salons, the formula is different that the ones you find at drugstores. The salon formula is the original and the drugstore formula is watered down. I didn't want to go to a salon though, and I really didn't want the watered down formula so I bought it off Amazon. I read the reviews very carefully for the seller I was interested in, so I am pretty confident that I got the better product. But who knows. 
I also went to Target yesterday and saw the same product for $16.95. 
And I will definitely review this once I have used it a couple of times to let you know if it truly is something special. But as the name implies, it's supposed to do 10 different things to your hair, along the lines of repair, moisturize, ect. I also like the fact that it's made in the US and the company is based in Florida. 


This sunscreen was part of my Walmart order. It was $10. And I have seen it as high as $15 at my local CVS. But this is my holy grail sunscreen for my face and this is my 5th bottle/tube of it. It is a really white/heavy physical sunscreen, but it offers phenomenal UVA and UVB protection. I would only recommend it to someone if they didn't mind greasy, white sunscreens.


Then I bought the Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory and the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Ultra White. I was debating between several drugstore foundations and it came down to this one and the Loreal True Match. But the Walmart website did not have my (supposed) shade in the Loreal True Match, so I went with this one. I have also heard a lot of people mention this in various posts and videos about the best drugstore foundations. I believe it was $10. 

Another popular drugstore item seems to be the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer. Apparently Hard Candy was a brand at Sephora and they later went out of business. Then, they popped up again, but this time in Walmart. Walmart.com only has 2 shades of this, but apparently there are 5. I got the Ultra Light, and it was $6. I looked up watches on the internet and a couple of blogs said that the Ultra Light is just too light for anyone and kind of a useless shade. Challenge accepted. 


So from left to right, MAC NC15 Studio Sculpt Concealer, Revlon Colourstay in Ivory, Glamouflage Pencil and the Glamoflauge Concealer in Ultra Light. 

 This illustrates why I don't really like Mac. This is their lightest colour that is easily available and it's way too dark for me. And the Revlon Colourstay is definitely quite a bit lighter. The pencil seems to be completely useless because it looks nothing like the Ultra Light Concealer. And the Glamoflauge concealer looks to be maybe a tad darker than my skin. Overall, I think I picked out some very good colours for myself (surprisingly) and will definitely write reviews when I try the products out. 

What are your favourite drugstore foundations/concealers?




No comments:

Post a Comment