Friday, November 22, 2013

Face of the Day: Purple Smokey Eye


I've recently decided to follow the trend of using palettes that don't get a lot of love. And I have this one by Rimmel that was injured in a depotting accident and sits in a drawer. I don't think I have ever used it. I tried it out today, and the colours are pretty nice. They're nowhere near Urban Decay or Bobbi Brown, but they are definitely usable and look quite nice. I finished the look off with a peachy lipstick and pinned back bangs. 
Also, I feel like I finally found some good eyebrow colours. I'm naturally a blonde with very black eyebrows. Go figure. And when I fill them in, several people have commented that they look too dark and strong. However, if I go to a lighter brown, you can obviously tell where the hairs end and the powder begins. But this combo of a medium brown and dark brown seems to work well. 






Products Used

Eyes
Nyx 10 Color Shadow from the Runway Collection in Caviar &Bubbles (Two Darkest Colours)
Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Eye Shadow in 023 (Mauve, Purple and Silver Shades)
Christian Dior Ombre Solo Single Eyeshadow in Rose Peche 612
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Benefit's They're Real Mascara 

Face
La Roche-Posay Athelios 50 Anti Aging Primer
Revlon Colorstay in Ivory
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Ultra Light
Ben Nye Neutral Set
Koh Gen Do Setting Powder
Benefit's Hoola
Bobbi Brown Blush in Rose
Scandinavia Setting Spray (Will def review soon)

Lips
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 628 "Peach Me"

15 comments:

  1. I actually really love how strong your eyebrows are. Do you have a tutorial for filling them out? Also, your smokey eye skills are amazing---the wash of color is so pretty.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have bangs most days so I don't fill in my brows because they're no visible. But I just mostly wing it. :)

      And thank you.

      Delete
  2. Nice makeup and lovely colors, they suit you very well ^-^
    I don't think your eyebrows are too strong ,I think there is harmony with your hair color and your general look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the purple. I need to learn how to put on eyeshadow like that. I'm a totally noob at it.

    http://www.lavieenmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing practicing makeup is so fun :)

      And thank you. It means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your eyes look amazing. I wish I had brows like yours. I'm still trying to figure mine out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Mine are easy to hide with bangs on days they don't work out so well.

      Delete
  5. Great job! I really love the lipcolour. You also look very nice with your bangs pulled back. Not sure if I've seen that before.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat!

      I actually don't think I have posted anything with my hair back.

      Delete
  6. you're so pretty! love the make up
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    stop by if ya get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smokey eye looks so amazing! Whenever i try to do smokey eyes i just look like i have a bruised eye hehe :P Your lip colour is gorgeous as well~

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I'm sure you'll get it thought. Just need to practice :)

      Delete