Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Roundup: Food Edition


I decided to take the train home for Thanksgiving this year. It's not too long of a trip, only about an hour and a half. And I really enjoy trains. I think they are very peaceful. I did my crossword puzzle app for most of the ride.




Here is a picture of Detroit. The train kind of goes though West Detroit and then north, so we don't get to go through downtown. It's mostly views of old abandoned factories and buildings, which is still interesting in it's own way. 



A before & after of a vegetarian burrito bowl. Along with some hazelnut truffle tea. 


My dad and I went out for sushi because I always miss our local hole-in-the-wall sushi place when I'm off at school. I got the shrimp tempura role with tuna on top and an avocado role. 



And here is our cat, Kaciukas, warming herself on a floor vent. 


My family doesn't celebrate thanksgiving, but we feel kind of awkward sitting at home. So we usually like to go out somewhere to eat. And the only open restaurants seemed to be Indian places. Which is awesome. I love naan.

I don't have any beauty related news because I tend to be very low effort when I'm at home. But I did order some things online today because of the good deals. So be ready for lots of hauls. 

How was your Thanksgiving?

6 comments:

  1. How on earth do you pronounce your cat's name??? Kaciukas? What language is it from? Also all the food looks delicious! I love sushi and Indian food is tied with Thai as my absolute favourite!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I don't think I could even begin to say it in english. Kinda of like kah-choo-kus. It's Lithuanian :) And just means "kitty".

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Smart cat - I'd go for the heating vent too. I usually go to my sister's house for Thanksgiving, but the menu gets a little less traditional every year as everybody develops new weird dietary habits and food allergies. Plus her middle son is a really picky eater - I think he ate sweet potatoes and a hot dog for dinner. :P No curry, though that sounds pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun! I'm a vegetarian, so I'm always up for less traditional Thanksgiving food.

      Delete
  3. All the food looks so, so delicious, I
    really get hungry just looking at it. :)
    And the cat is so cute and really clever. :D

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete