Friday, November 29, 2013

My Top 5 Hair Styling Essentials.


I generally have two hairstyles. My hair dried when I was awake so now it's straight, and my hair dried while I was sleeping so now it's wavy. As low maintenance as that seems, my hair actually demands a lot of attention. I've been growing it out for about 3 years now, and my last trim was about 4 months ago. I have a ridiculous amount of split ends, and I just can't bear to cut them. So my main focus is to keep my hair as healthy as possible to prevent any damage and continue my dreams to be Rupunzel. 





L'Oreal Everstrong Overnight Hair Repair Treatment
$8.99

This is one of my favorite products for when my hair is feeling dry and I don't have time to condition it or do a mask. I apply a dime sized amount to my dry hair (about the lower 2/3), and leave it in overnight. It does not leave any residue on the pillow or anything. And when I wake up, my hair feels much softer and more manageable to work with. I find that it also helps keep the static winter hair feeling away. 




Black 15 in 1 Miracle Hair Treatment
$9.99

I used this product before I bought the It's a 10 Miracle Hair Treatment. I actually find them to be very similar. They both have silicone in them, and help with detangling quite a bit. I squirt this into my palms, rub them together and distribute it through my hair after I wash. I find that it also makes my hair look more shiny. It's also cheaper than the It's a 10 version. And apparently has 5 more benefits. 

Chi Iron Guard
$15

The last time I straightened or curled my hair with heat was in May. So it's been a long time and I like to avoid doing that. But if I decided to use a straightener, this is my go to heat protectant. It makes it easier to straighten my hair and I notice that my ends look less damaged when I use this compared to other heat protectants. 

I'm also a serial cap loser so all of my products are without one. 

Biosilk Silk Therapy 
$16

This is a great product for frizz and fly aways. I also like to use it just on my ends when they need a pick me up. This is not the easiest product to use. It has a very strong smell. So I like to apply it before I go outside so it can diffuse. Also, if you add too much, you can look very oily. But when applied correctly, my hair looks shiny and soft. I find it similar to hair serums, except it's very light. 


John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight
$7.99

The idea behind this is that you use it as a heat protectant and it keeps your hair straight longer. Since I don't use heat, and my hair is naturally straight if I let it dry like that, I use it to prevent creases when I nap or sleep. And it definitely keeps my hair from creasing up and looking strangely wavy. 

What are your hair go to products?

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Black. But that bottle that it comes in looks really cool. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a good product. I'm surprised I never hear about it.

      Delete
  2. i love CHI products :) lovely stuff you picked :) would u like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thanks for filling me in :) love your blog..
    Have you seen my new post about Head Chains?
    There is also a 10% discount code for House of Bounty!
    Click www.lovefromsimmie.com :)


    Stay pretty honey, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting doll :) let me know if you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for dropping by on mine <3

    would you like to follow each other as well?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love John Frieda products, especially the hair dye and mousses! Great choices and lovely blog. :)
    xx

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog post. I've always wanted to try CHI hair products but unfortunately we dont have it here in London
    Xxx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete