Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November Empties


I know it's not the very end of November yet, but with all of the holidays coming up, I wanted to get this post done. And you might notice that the background is different. That's because I'm at my parent's house for a week. 






This month I finished up the John Frieda Luxurious Volume Anytime Volume Refresher. What a name. It's really just a dry shampoo. And I liked it. It does not leave any residue in my hair once I rub it in, and definitely helps with volume. The only complaint I would have is that the bottle is rather small. 

I also tried the Neuma NeuSmooth Shampoo and NeuSmooth Revitalizing Mask. I think the shampoo is okay. It is sulfate free but lathers up really nicely on my hair. The mask also just gets an okay. I used it as a regular conditioner, and it did not help with detangling my hair at all. Which is one of the most important things I need conditioner for. Because my hair is very prone to getting all twisted and knotted since it's very long. Also, both the shampoo and mask smell strange. Not bad, but slightly medicinal. I would not buy these again, especially considering they were $18 and $25. 

One product that I liked was the Tresemme Platinum Strength Renewing Deep Conditioning Treatment. I find that all conditioning treatments and masks are essentially glorified conditioners. And this was a good glorified conditioner. I used it about once a week and noticed that my hair did feel softer and more manageable. 


I finished up a deluxe sample size of the Laura Mercier foundation primer. This primer is different in that I could feel in sinking into my skin, rather than sitting on top of it. There is a floral scent too. It works well as a primer, but I have others I prefer. 

I do have a tiny bit left, but I am nearly done with my Love, Chloe by Chloe Perfume. Perfume is a personal thing, but I enjoyed this. It is definitely a unique scent. To me it smells like a combination of florals, musk and powder. It's also a light, everyday type of scent. I tend to not buy the same perfume twice because I have so many that I want to try, but this is definitely a nice one. 

And finally I finished the Almay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads. I really only bought this because it was a nice size for traveling and I could avoid taking actual liquid remover. However, these are pretty bad. I think oils or cold creams are much better at taking off eye makeup. 

What did you use up this month?

--

5 comments:

  1. I had swatched some of the laura mercier primer in a store once and wasn't sure if I liked the feeling of it. What primers do you like better?

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite is the La Roche Posay one I reviewed a little while ago.

      I also own the porefessional and that one was my old favorite. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo
    www.angelbirdbb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely take a look at your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! Have you tried Khiels avacado eye cream? Its a must! Ive used it all up already - ooops. Following you on GFC and bloglovin. Looking forward to your next post dear x

    www.hellojennyho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete