Sunday, November 3, 2013

October Empties


So I decided to call this my October empties, but they're not just for the month of October. I tend to go through products very slowly, so it would be impossible for me to do one every month. But in the last week or so, I more of less ran out of a lot of products, so I finally get to make this post. Come see what I used up!




The first thing I (finally) finished was this Nivea Touch of Serenity Body Wash. And I'm really happy it's gone because in the winter months I want a body wash without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which dries out my skin too much. But it was an okay body wash. I'll usually pick Nivea products over other drugstore ones when I just need a bodywash or lotion and that's always worked for me. 

Then I used up my CVS brand of Keratin Shampoo. It was supposed to be like the Organix Keratin shampoo, but a little cheaper, and that was enough to sway my decision. It was a good shampoo, and if I was not changing up my hair routine, I would probably repurchase it. The smell is nice, it's SLS free and gentle. Also, this is probably the best example of how slowly I use up products because I have had this shampoo since the end of August, and it's not a very big bottle. 

My Ziaja Goat Milk Body Lotion has also been around for a long time. Since last year. I tend to use it on and off because I prefer coconut oil as a moisturizer for my body. But I finally finished it. I would not buy it again because I have so many other lotions, but it has a nice smell and consistency. 


I have also had this Herbal Essence Color Me Happy shampoo for over a year. I like to use an SLS shampoo about once a week to prevent buildup in my hair because the SLS free ones don't get rid of some conditioning ingredients like Dimethicone. I don't think I would use this shampoo on a daily basis (I don't even wash my hair on a daily basis) because while it does clean hair, I definitely feel my ends get dry if I don't do serious conditioning. And like all Herbal Essence shampoos, it smells divine.


These are two of my holy grail products for my face that I use in the morning. I've already talked about this Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby sunscreen and it's still my favourite for good, everyday protection for sensitive skin. I already bought another tube (it was in my walmart haul). 

The Lumene Basic Blue Day Cream is from Lithuania. I knew I liked it so I stocked up, but the tubes are not very big and I might go through them faster than I can repurchase. I also tried googling for it and it's not a product I can track down easily in the US. So I don't know what I'm going to do. But it's a very nice day cream, almost like a gel, and smells amazing. 


And lastly I have makeup. I finished up another Maybelline Master Precise EyeStudio liquid liner. I always have about 4 of them floating around because they dry up quickly. Which is the only complaint I have about this product. 

I went through a tube of the Benefit They're Real Mascara. Which is great, fantastic, amazing, best mascara ever, completely worth all of the hype. 

And most disappointingly, I went through the Lancome Powder Pro Complexion Perfecting Pressed Powder. Which is a terribly long and complicated name, but a very good product. Of course, it is discontinued, and I have not been able to find anything as good. 

Anyway, those are my empties and hopefully I'll have more next month. 

What have you used up recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment