Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner



So this product and I got off to kind of a rocky start. It was my first Korean toner and I wasn't sure what it was supposed to do other than reduce the size of my pores. But I kept on using it simply because I liked the way it felt on my face after washing. My skin is rather dry, so after cleansing, it feels slightly tight. Normal alcohol based toners would make it sting, while this one actually made it feel moisturized. And I think that's the main reason I like this product, it feels very nice after washing AND maybe makes my pores smaller.

What It Is


The Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner is described as a total 7 in 1 pore solution. It will deep cleanse pores, maintain the skins Ph, control a large amount of sebum, minimize the appearance of pores, refine fine lines, keep the elasticity of pores and moisturize both the inside and outside of skin.



Where To Buy and Cost

I purchased mine off of Ebay from a trusted seller with good reviews. I believe it was around $13 for the 250ml. But obviously you can get it on almost any other Korean beauty website. The RoseRoseShop has it for $7.20, F2Plus1 for $13.87 and it is currently out of stock at Pretty and Cute but they usually sell it as well.

Smell

There is not much of a smell, but I'm not sensitive to fragrance at all (meaning my nose isn't, my skin on the other hand), and I have heard some people describe it as slightly alcohol-y. 

Ingredients

Water, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26 Betaine, Sea WAter, PEG-60 Hydrogenated CAstor Oil, Dosium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cycmbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Water, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Nelumba Nucifera Flower Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Chamaecyparais Obtusa Water, Pulsatilla Koreana Extractm Dosdium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol 



How It Feels/Looks

Like I said, one of the main reasons I like this product is because of how it feels. I have very sensitive skin and I would say about 80% of beauty products I try are irritating. And this is one of the few that does not. Of course, everyone is sensitive to certain ingredients, but overall, I don't think this would be an irritating product for most people. It is a clear, white liquid and has the consistency of water.

How To Use

This product is pretty easy to use. You squirt out a bit of it onto a cotton pad and rub it all over your face. 

Does It Work

I have been using this for about a month now, and I am really pleased. I don't have very large pores, but I have noticed that the ones I have do appear smaller. I have also noticed that the rest of my skincare routine (serum, moisturizer, eye cream), does seem to "sink in" to my face better when I use this toner. I don't have to wait as long in between steps for my skin to dry. 

Overall, I think that this product is worth trying. It is not expensive, not irritating and while it might not be a magical product, it does make the skincare routine go smoother. And I think it is a great Korean toner to start off with.

Rating

4.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment