Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: Lioele Super Moisture Hyaluronic Acid Dr. Ampoule



I usually buy Korean beauty products after reading good reviews of them online or having people recommend them to me. I could not find a single review in english of this product. Which is strange considering the powers of google. It really does not seem to be a popular. However, I was really interested in buying something with Hyaluronic Acid. And given the fact that the weather is getting drier and I need more moisture, I tried this out. 

What It Is


This product is described as being anti-wrinkle, hydrating and firming. It protects skin from water loss and contains 20% Hyaluronic Acid. And it is supposed to leave skin soft and supple.


"Hyaluronic Acid is essential for our skin. It's what keeps the collagen in our skin hydrated and maintaining the structural shape. Without hyaluronic Acid our skin would be dry and collagen would lose it's elasticity. Hyaluronic Acid plays an important role in our skin's ability to stay youthful. As we get older, our skin will start to lose the ability to keep hydrated and hold on to moisture. This creates wrinkles and sagginess. While collagen firms skin, it's not effective without Hyaluronic Acid"







Where to Buy It/Cost

I bought mine from koreanbeautynet.com for $17. You can also get it from prettyandcute.com for $24. I'm sure other Korean beauty product shops also have it. 

Smell

It doesn't smell that good. It reminds me of a medicated ointment or something. But it's not very strong. 

Ingredients

Water, Isopentyldiol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, AlcoholDenat., 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Maltitol, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Adensine, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, BHT, Ubiquinone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Arginine, Palmitoyl Oilgopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Allantion, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogenated, Lecithin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, ButyleneGlycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol


I would like to point out that this product does contain alcohol. If you are sensitive to alcohol in skin care ingredients, then you may want to skip this. However, I have found that most hyaluronic acid serums do contain alcohol in the formulation so that the product is more effective. 

How It Looks/Feels

It has a texture similar to honey (the liquid kind), but is not sticky. But on the skin, it feels smooth and refreshing.

Also, the packaging is cute or kitschy depending on which way you roll, with a sassy nurse in a heart on the bottle. 


How To Use

On beautynetkorea.com in the product description section, it says to use it after toning and massage it in in a circular motion. On the package, it says to use "after skin care". However, I have heard of people mixing in Hyaluronic Acid with their night cream, so that's what I do. I put about a raisin sized amount on top of my cream, mix them together in my hands, and apply it to my face. 

Does It Work

Yes. That's the short answer. For most skincare products, you can't see results quickly. This is different. After I woke up in the morning, I could see my skin looking plumper. It also felt smoother and softer. This product is described as being for dehydrated skin, and I can say that it definitely helps keep moisture in and makes the skin look plump and soft. 



Rating: 4.5/5



5 comments:

  1. Wow that stuff sounds amazing. My skin has not been looking very good since fall hit. I have horrible dry patches everywhere!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyaluronic serums really are great for dry skin. I haven't tried this one, but that sassy nurse makes me laugh. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told once while I was living in Asia that layering skincare should be done by the thickness of the products.
    The thinnest and the corrective treatments go first (toners and eye creams) then medium (emulsions/serums) to heaviest (moisturizers).
    So this one should be done after toning but before applying the moisturizer because if you are applying it with a cream that is richer it might not be completely absorbed into the skin =)
    Your blog is lovely btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing! Thanks for reminding me. I'll definitely try to put it on after toning and see how it goes.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the review :D I saw this on sale the other day. I should have buy the pore ampoules.
    www.intoface.net

    ReplyDelete