Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Lorac Front of the Line Pro + Ordering from Dermstore.com


I normally wouldn't do reviews of where I bought my beauty products, but I was so so impressed with the dermstore.com, that I had to add a little mini review of them as well. And of course, I have been looking for a great liquid liner and I think I found it.





So floating around the internet, I found a 25% off coupon for the dermstore.com, so I decided to see what they sold there. And pretty quickly, I found the Lorac Front of the Line Pro that I wanted to try. The site also had free shipping which was nice. And they even upgraded my shipping to 2 days so I got my order super quickly. 

And when my order arrived I also got some random samples, which I always appreciate. 



I really like the packaging of this eyeliner. It comes in a silver tube, and looks like your average felt tipped liner, BUT IT'S NOT.


I couldn't take a super duper up close picture, but the tip is not actually felt. It's made with very thin plastic fibers, that are smooth. The best way to picture it is to think of a very thin eyeliner brush saturated with liquid liner, not as a marker. And I'm hoping this will help with keeping it from drying out. 


As you can see from the swatches, it's easy to draw both a thin line and thicker lines. And it stays very well. I had to use both soap and water to wash it off in the shower and you can still see it on my hand. 

I don't think it is the blackest liquid liner I have used, but it's pretty dark. 

Overall, there is not too much you can say about liquid liner. It's dark, it draws easily and it stays well. And if it doesn't dry out, this is going to be my holy grail. 

Overall Product: 9/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10

6 comments:

  1. That liner looks lovely. It looks like everything I hoped the NYX felt tip liner would be, but that one sucked.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I feel like drugstore liquid liners are a hit or miss. I usually use a maybelline one that looks nice but the tube dries within a week. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting... I actually do like reading reviews of online merchants, because if you've never ordered from them before it's hard to tell who's shady and who's good. So thanks for sharing that detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Will you like to follow each other on GFC and Twitter? xoxo
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, you made me want to try this :) !

    www.Chaneletco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fiber tip seems really interesting, I would love to pick this up in the future!

    ReplyDelete