Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream


I find that most hand creams are pretty meh. And people don't talk about hand creams. I can't even think of what would be a popular holy grail hand cream; maybe the L'occitane Shea Butter. Either way, since the demands of hand creams arn't great, most products are able to get away with being mediocre, with few being bad. This is not one of those products. I was not expecting this to be anything special. The packaging is pretty unexciting, and Neutrogena is all over the place. However, this is the greatest hand cream I have ever used. Ever. After putting it on, I kept on touching my hands all day. And I think that's impressive for such an unassuming product. 

What It Is

Described as a product that delivers relief for dry, chapped hands. It is said to have a clinically proven, highly concentrated formula to rapidly heal dry hands. Hands will feel smooth after just one application. And it is long-lasting, glycerin enriched and concentrated. 



Where to Buy and Cost

I for the life of me cannot remember where I got this hand cream since it has been floating around in my drawers for a while. However, it seems to be widely available at all pharmacies. You can get it for $4.49 at Walgreens, $4.39 at CVS and $3.67 at Walmart.


Smell

This formula is said to be unscented. I think that's pretty accurate. 

Ingredients

Water , Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearic Acid , Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Dilauryl Thiodipropionate , Sodium Sulfate



How It Looks/Feels

The cream comes out like a thick gel. It is definitely not the typical white and smooth hand cream. I would say that it is similar to vaseline and spreads like it, but it does not have the stickiness. And the hands feel very smooth and soft to the touch, directly after application and for about an hour afterward. 

How To Use

Squeeze out a little bit onto the hands and rub it in. You definitely don't need as much as other hand creams. About the size of a pea is enough. 

Does It Work

Yes. That's the short answer. This is a very concentrated cream that you can feel even after it absorbs into the skin. There is a much bigger difference in terms of how your hands feel with this versus other hand creams I have tried. And my cuticles look so much better. An absolute must for winter. 

Rating

5/5

4 comments:

  1. love this product

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally love Neutrogena products. Their plain hand cream in a blue bottle is one of my favourites. I will definitely be trying this when I need a new bottle, thanks for the review!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hand cream is such a classic! I've been contemplating using it as an eye cream lately...

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that. And I'm in need of an eye cream. Thanks!

      Delete