Saturday, December 21, 2013

December Glossybox: First Impressions




I got my second box from GlossyBox today. Which I was really happy about because I was supposed to get it Monday according to the tracking. But I will be in Florida Monday and would therefore have to  wait until January to open it. 

I also decided to do a first impressions post and review post for my Glossybox. Because by the time I get around to reviewing it, especially skin care products, it will probably no longer be December. 
Also, you can sometimes get Glossyboxes until the end of the month, but this one is sold out unfortunately. 






Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask
Full Size: $34.00 for 3.4 oz.
Sample: $10.00 for 1.0 oz. 

I have actually never tried Michael Todd products, yet I always see them being sent in other beauty boxes. I will definitely try this out. It smells like pumpkin. Which is nice. Also, I have never seen a sealed sample. It had the little film you have to pull off. So I spent like 10 minutes sniffing it and being upset I couldn't smell pumpkin before I pulled it off. 




Anatomicals You Need a Blooming Shower!
Full Size: $5.50 for 10 oz. 
Sample: $2.25 for 5 oz. 

Not exactly the most expensive thing in the box, but I really like the smell of roses so I will definitely use up this shower gel. Also. What a fun name. 




Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer
Full Size: $44.00 for 1.7 oz.
Sample: $26.14 for 1.01 oz.

This was one of the spoilers for the box on the GlossyBox website. I kind of have an issue with "oxygenating" skin products since the only way to get oxygen into your skin cells is through your lungs. But it sounds like a nice cream. 




Ardency Inn PUNKER World's Baddest Eyeliner
Full Size: $19 for .085 oz

This essentially looks like a giant permanent marker. If you gave it to me without saying anything, I would draw you a cat. They sell this brand at Sephora I believe. It's also nice to get the full size, so I will definitely try doing my eyeliner in marker. 




Nails, Inc. Victoria Polish
Full Size: $9.50 for .33 oz.

I have never actually tried Nails, Inc. polishes. I quite like this color, which seems like a deep burgundy. But if you guys don't know already, I like all nail polish colors so I'm not too picky. I tried it out on one of my nails and it's opaque in two coats and looks very glossy without a topcoat. I will probably wear this at Christmas. 

The overall value of this GlossyBox is $66.89. 

So far I'm pretty happy with GlossyBox. I'm glad this one came in one piece and not covered in any of the products. Plus the shipping was super fast. And I'm also a sucker for fancy packaging. 

Have you ever tried GlossyBox?



5 comments:

  1. I actually just got some of that shower gel! Haven't tried it yet, but I like the packaging and rose scents are always nice. This seems like a really nice collection of stuff, especially the lack of oily mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of rose scent but I love the packaging on that shower gel! I might see if they offer any other scents.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do... I got mine off ASOS and there were a few choices!

      Delete
  3. Loving your blog hun... just followed you :) please have a look at my blog and follow back.. i would appreciate it :) xxx
    cozyuprw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried glossybox, the content is quite decent but nothing caught my eyes. i do like the nail polish colour! I use Michael Todd's concealer, it's a little on the dry side. I think I prefer Korres over Michael Todd!

    ReplyDelete