Monday, December 16, 2013

Haul: Oil Cleansing Method?



I think that I am finally read to hop on the oil cleansing bandwagon. My skin has just been so dry that I can't use regular cleansers, even soap free ones, without looking flaky the next day. So after reading up about all different types of oils, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. 



Super by Dr. Nicholas Perricone Super Super Supermodel Legs with Chili Pepper ($28 on Amazon)

I decided to get this because my bare legs are so white in the winter that I could probably blind people. And sometimes, I like to go somewhere (preferably warm) sans tights. This is supposed to make your legs glow and look more radiant, without a tan. 

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre ($28 on dermstore.com)

I really like this creme. I ran out of my last tube so I bought another. I just use it on my body, focusing on areas that tend to get dry like feet and elbows. It's very light and moisturizing.

Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in Navy ($12 at Sephora)

I have heard really good things about this liquid liner, so I'm excited to give it a try. I also got navy because I have so many black liners.

Revlon Nail Brightener ($8 at Ulta)

My mom actually recommended this to me. It's a base coat, but look every nice by itself too. And it's supposed to make your nails look brighter and reduce any stains from polish. 

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream Facial Treatment ($33 on Amazon)

I have seen this cream floating around for a long time, but given it's rather high price tag I decided to skip it. But after reading some phenomenal reviews, I really want to try it. 

Now Foods Apricot Kernel Oil ($3 on Amazon)

I read up on all the different kinds of oils that people use for the oil cleansing method and I decided to go with Apricot Kernel. A lot of places say that mineral oil is a good place to start, but I just don't want to put that on my face. This oil is relatively non comedogenic, and smells nice. 

Hyaluronic Acid ($11 at essentialwholesale.com)

I really enjoyed my serum with hyaluronic acid that I have from Lioele, so I decided to just get straight up hyaluronic acid because it's cheaper. 

Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub ($8 at Ulta)

I have been having some problems with blocked pores lately that my Tretinoin just won't solve. My skin is very sensitive to scrubs, but I have heard that this one is very gentle, so we'll see. 

Tresemme Luxurious Moisture Conditioner ($4 at Walmart)

In my opinion, Tresemme makes, hands down, the best conditioners for long hair. They are super silicone-y and just make my hair feel so soft. So I keep on buying them. Also, I use a ridiculous amount of conditioner, so I like big bottles. 

13 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! I can't wait to see what the navy blue liquid liner looks like.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will definitely try to post a face of the day with it.

      Delete
  2. I am using the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre as my current night cream and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Embryolisse has some great products. I want to try more but they're kinda pricey.

      Delete
  3. I also have blindingly white legs, so I feel your pain. I used to use a "glow" lotion sometimes but now I can't remember what brand it was... oh well. Let us know how you get on with the oil cleansing method!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try Aveno scrub! I know too, this line is very gently..
    Kiss

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem pretty nice. And smells great :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I am curious to the Super by Dr. Nicholas Perricone!

    www.sohostyles.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! Especially the chili pepper part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to hearing about your experience with the oil cleansing method and if you like the Aveeno scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that you could just buy pure hyaluronic acid. I really want to get my hands on some now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know more about the pure hyaluronic acid when you start to use it! I've never seen anyone buy it flat out. I wonder if you should mix it with anything first?

    ReplyDelete