Friday, December 6, 2013

November 2013 Glossybox



So I finally decided to jump into the world of beauty boxes. And I decided to go with Glossybox. They are little for expensive than other boxes ($21), but they do send samples and full size products of more deluxe brands. Also, they don't have a wait list. 

I really wanted to this post to be like a whole unveiling of the boxing and showing off the pretty packaging, but one of the products (hair oil)  exploded over everything during shipping. I contacted Glossybox, and they told me that while they would like to send me a replacement, they are sold out of the November box. Instead, they added 1000 Glossypoints (the equivalent of one box) to my account for future purchases. I would have preferred a new box because I really wanted to try the product that got everywhere but I suppose this is okay. On the plus side, they replied rather quickly (2 days) to my email. Therefore,  I won't be showing off too much of the box as it is rather oily. 





Emite Makeup Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams $27 (Full Size)

I don't think I would ever in my life pay $27 for a matte black eyeshadow, but I'm not complaining too much. It's a nice color to have in your collection for super dramatic looks. I didn't swatch it because I'm sure everyone can imagine what it looks like. 




Jelly Pong Pong 2-1 Eyeliner and Shadow $17 (Full Size)

Another full size product. I don't think I have ever actually used an eyeliner and shadow stick, so this was interesting to try out. And it's actually a great product. It goes on really smoothly and blends out nicely. I used it as almost a base for other pink and burgundy shadows and it held up well throughout the day.


Nicka Blending Eyeshadow Brush $5

Not quite as high end, but I was pretty pleased with this brush. I saw that other people had gotten the angled eyeshadow brush, and I was not loving that one. Because I don't even understand what to use that for. But this is much better. It's just a fluffy crease/blending brush. I wouldn't say that it's going to replace my trusty Sigma, but nice to have. 


Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish $5 (1oz)

I have not tried this yet because I'm fine with my current skin care routine and don't want to disturb anything. But other reviewers have said this was the best product in the box. 


Mastey Colour Protecting Leave-In Oil Treatment $25 (2oz)

Again, another product that I probably would not buy because of the price. This was the culprit that exploded everywhere during shipping. Since I only had about a teaspoon of it left in the bottle, I can't say too much about it other than that it smells nice. 

Total Value: $79

A pretty high value for a $21 box. But we can subtract like $20 for the hair oil. 

Here was the packaging:






Such a shame :(

Have you tried Glossybox?

4 comments:

  1. I received the same shade of Jelly Pong Pong pencil in my August UK Glossybox and it didn't really work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how it's not a universal color. But I like that it made me try out new eyeshadow looks.

      Delete
  2. Too bad it was so messy! At least you get a free box later. The products you showed look lovely as well.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete