Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream



I bought this after seeing it in video on youtube and because it was on Amazon Prime (which sways a lot of my beauty decisions). And overall, I think it's a good BB Cream. It definitely deserves the hype it gets. I also really like the packaging. It's cute. The box also came shrink wrapped, which was a definite plus and not something I experienced with other BB creams. 

What It Is

"Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream helps to create a clean and natural skin tone by being absorbed into your skin with a soft usage. This enables speedy make-up application due to the unnecessary need to apply makeup base or foundation. Ingredients such as bisaborol, licorice root acid derivatives, allantoin, etc. soothe your skin and ingredients such as jojoba oil, macadamianut oil, hyaluronic acid derivatives, vegetable collagen, etc. keep your skin moist and smooth." (prettyandcute.com)

Where to Buy/Cost

I bought mine on Amazon for $14.95. Pretty and Cute has it for $18.95. Beauty Net Korea has it for $11.87. I'm sure other Korean cosmetic retailers have it too. 


Smell

It has a light floral scent. 

Ingredients

Water, Cyclomethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglutamix Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides, (CI 77499), Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance

Note that while this product is not listed as having as SPF, there is Titanium Dioxide in the ingredients, so if you photograph yourself with flash, you might look white. 

There are also parabens. 




How It Looks/ Feels

This BB Cream is rather thick. I find myself having to use a bit more than a pea sized amount on my face. It also does not spread as easily as others. However, with other BB Creams, my skin feels slightly damp during the day. This dries and stays that way. I'm not sure what this shade is comparable to, definitely darker than an NC 15. It is also much more yellow than other BB creams. No grey in this one. The coverage is medium for bb creams, probably light for foundation terms. 

(The color looks very stark compared to my arm, but it is much better on my face. )

How to Use

I like to use the patting motion to apply this. 

Does it Work

I think that this is a solid BB cream. It blends well with my skin, has medium coverage and stays matte throughout the day. The only negative would be that it is too dark for me. I can work with it, but it's not like the Missha Perfect Cover #13. I think this would be great for people with oily skin. 

Rating

4/5

Just because the one shade they offer is too dark for me.

3 comments:

  1. This actually look great to me. The colour looks pretty perfect. If it really performs as well as you say I might try it for the summer. I like more coverage in the winter though when my skin gets dry and gross. Thanks for the review!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with this BB - nice formula but too dark for me. I tried Missha Perfect Cover #13 and it's a perfect match for me btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post doll, I could do with a new BB creme :)
    Have you seen the new face of Chanel?
    Click lovefromsimmie.com to see the new commercial starring Marilyn Monroe,
    & never before heard audio which Chanel have released! "Chanel No.5 of course!" ;)

    Stay pretty, xxxx

    ReplyDelete