Friday, December 13, 2013

What's in my (School) Bag?


I've seen a couple of bloggers do these types of posts and they look like a lot of fun, so I gave it a go. I mostly carry around my school tote since that's where I am most days, so I decided that that would be a lot more fitting an a purse post. 






I have had this Marc by Marc Jacobs tote for about 5 years now. I carry it to class everyday and I travel with it. I have also washed it several times. I don't know about his other bags, but quality on this one is superb. Definitely worth the kinda high price tag. I also bought it on Black Friday at Saks Fifth Avenue where it was 40% off. Steal. 






My main goal is to not carry very heavy things because my back would start to hurt when I carried a lot of books. Because of that, I carry an iPad instead of laptop. There are computers all over campus anyway, so if I need to type something up I just use one of those. 


I also usually only carry one notebook and color code pages for different classes. I like the ones from Urban Outfitters that have the impossible to remove 2 for $10 stickers on them. They go on sale a lot and I really like the paper in them. It's thicker than regular notebooks and nice to write on. 


I have a journal with me too. I just got this black on from Kate Spade. 





Most days, I only have my small beige pencil/ cosmetic case but since it is finals week, I carry around all of my gel pens to make studying for fun. The Juicy Couture case is from a Saks Fifth Avenue outlet store and the Dior cosmetic case is from the Salvation Army. 


I write in fountain pen most of the time, so I generally carry two of those, along with ink refills. I only use pencils for scantron tests. I also have a little cheetah iPad pen so I can take notes on my iPad. 




Here are all of my technology things. One of the reasons I really like having an iPad is because the charger is so much smaller and lighter than that of a laptop. Plus it also fits my phone and iPod. Then I have headphones and a little USB camera card reader. I like to take photos in the morning and then edit them on a computer I find on campus during lunch or something. And not all of them have SD slots. 



This is my wristlet and probably my bare essentials (sans my phone). If I'm just going somewhere that's not class this is what I will bring, along with my sunglasses. I found my wristlet at TJ Maxx.




And here is my little makeup case. Also from the Salvation Army. I have some hand cream, powder sunscreen, mini nail files, hair pins, extra contacts, pressed powder, solid perfume, lash glue, my little pill container I covered in some rose tissue paper, lip balm, tinted lip balm and a tampon. 



And here is my special winter edition. I never like wearing mittens and a hat in the morning but I have to on the way back from class since it's dark and colder. So I just put them in my bag. I also like having cough drops. 

What's in your bag?

10 comments:

  1. My purse looks like the inside of a garbage can. Yours is very impressively organized!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Honestly, mine kind of looks like a garbage can sometimes too, but I didn't think photographs of like 10 candy bar wrappers would be well received.

      Delete
  2. I envy your organizational skills. Half of the time I just end up throwing everything into my bag and rummaging around in it for the rest of the day. Your ipad case is adorable by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know the feeling, sometimes I just throw everything in too.

      Delete
  3. You are clearly most sophisticated and stylish than I ever was in college. Or even now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ingrid! You definitely seem sophisticated.

      Delete
  4. i love how you carry a journal with you and a fountain pen! :) it sounds to me that you have a sophisticated style. i used to carry my journal with me too but i get paranoid that id loose it so now i just used an ipad to write down my thoughts ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I'm afraid of losing my journal too. But if I don't carry it, I forget to write.

      Delete
  5. Man I wish tablets existed when I was in college... laptops were also a lot heavier then so I'd end up with a bachache every time I brought my computer to school. :( Also, gotta love those impossible to remove 2 for $10 stickers! Your bag seems so nice and organized... when I was in school I just hurled everything into the an enormous backpack. Now I at least keep stuff in different little makeup pouches and wristlets. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tote bag and sunglasses! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete