Monday, January 13, 2014

5 Favourite Makeup Products Under $10



If you can't tell already, my makeup preferences tend to lean towards the slightly more expensive products. It's not that I have something against drugstore brands, but I just have a hard time finding products that truly work. And more often than not, all of my cheap impulse buys end up in the makeup reject drawer. That being said, I think the following products are truly the bee's knees of drugstore/cheaper makeup. I also used Walmart pricing for the prices, because that's where I tend to buy my drugstore products. 






Revlon Colorstay Foundation ($9.98)

This is a great foundation for the nighttime for me. I can't wear it during the day because it doesn't layer well with my sunscreen. However, it's perfect for going it. There's no SPF, so no flashback in photos. It's super long wearing. And if you're pale, like me, the color ivory is truly very light. 




Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer ($6.00)

This is another product that gets a lot of love. It's only sold at Walmart, and this is probably the best deal on any makeup product ever. It's $6 and the amount you have to use per application is the size of a pin head or less. It's a great concealer for the under eye area with minimal creasing. Then only downside is the limited shade range, but you could totally buy 2 and mix. My shade is ultra light and it works very well with my skin tone. 




TonyMoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar ($8)

So I recently found out that you can buy these little guys on the Urban Outfitters website. Which is kind of awesome. So they're not from Walmart obviously. But these are really cute tinted lip balms. It depends not the shade, but most add a little bit of color and a lot of shine to your lips. And they smell delicious. The juicy strawberry is my personal favorite. Plus the packaging just makes me smile. 




Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive ($3.98)

I go through phases with false lashes. Sometimes I wear them everyday, other times I won't touch them for months. But this is by far my favorite lash glue. Other people like the Duo glue, but I just really love the applicator on this and how easy it is to apply. There is also a dark version if you roll that way. 




Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner ($6.94) and Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner ($5.97)

I know I said this was a top 5, but I just couldn't decide between these two liners. They're both very black with great staying power. However, the Master Precise is more of a felt tip pen liner while the Line Stiletto is short with a more floppy? tip. It's super similar to the Lancome Artliner. I think the Line Stiletto is easier for beginners because it's shorter and easy to handle, but I like using both of these. A lot. 


What are your favorite cheap makeup items?

24 comments:

  1. really want to try that eye candy camoflague concealor but they don't sell it in the UK:-( great post, you have a lovely blog x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like revlon colorstay too :)

    xoxo,
    Alice's Pink Diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That concealer sounds fab and you can't beat $6! I'll have to get my hands on it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tony Moly bunny gloss is TOO CUTE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed 100% with Revlon Colorstay. It's one of the few drugstore foundations I can find easily that's light enough, haha. I really want to try that concealer... no Walmarts around here though. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you can order it online. Walmart shipping is usually cheap too.

      Delete
  7. The TonyMoly glosses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want those Tony Moly lippies! I didn't know they were so affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you can also get them for like $5 on Ebay.

      Delete
  9. The Tony Moly bunny gloss bars are great. I like the strawberry the most, too. I was browsing Walmart the other day and couldn't remember which Hard Candy product I read so many great things about, and I'm so glad you mentioned the Glamoflauge concealers because that's exactly what I was trying to remember! Must pick one up next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And isn't the strawberry one beyond delicious?

      Delete
  10. I'm having a giveaway over on my blog that I want to invite you to!
    http://20stampslater.blogspot.com/2014/01/favorite-things-giveaway.html

    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've actually never tried any of these products before, so it'll be great going off some of these recommendations! Revlon foundations in Australia can actually be above $30...crazy right?! We need those bunny glosses in our lives, we're suckers for cute packaging, and we've been won over!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, the bunny gloss bars are so adorable - never tried that brand before x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the gloss bars from tony moly!!
    Always wanted to try them!
    xx

    Milky Rabbit



    ReplyDelete
  14. aww I love posts like this! Sometimes more affordable products are actually better than high end! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post:) Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog.
    http://prettytendency.blogspot.com.es
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete