Tuesday, January 7, 2014

December Empties.



Didn't December just fly by? Anyway, here is my collection of products I have used up last month. It's mostly hair products because in the winter, I have a lot of problems with dryness and static. But I also included a makeup product, which for me is an accomplishment. 





The first product that I used up was the Black Miracle Hair Treatment. I essentially use it as a detangled after the shower. It's a cheaper version of the It's a 10 Miracle Hair Care but less thick. A good product but I think I like the It's a 10 better and will repurchase that instead of this one. 

The next item was cheating a little bit because it arrived 3/4 gone in my November Glossybox. But it's the Mastey Color Protecting Leave in Oil Treatment. I ended up really loving this product and using up what was left of it as a pick me up for my roots where they were dry. It has a really nice silicone-y texture and smells divine. The only reason I won't repurchase this is because it's $40 for 4 oz. 

The I finished another Tresemme Platinum Blonde Renewing Deep Conditioning Treatment. I love love love Tresemme conditioners, but for some reason, this did not float my boat as much. The conditioners are very heavy, and this seemed lighter, which is odd for a deep conditioning treatment. I think I had this in my last empties post because I bought two, but I would not repurchase. 

Then I used up a sample of the Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Recovery. It's just a simple hand scrub. I used it on my feet and followed up with some nice rich lotion. I don't think it's anything special though. Get yourself some brown sugar and coconut oil and it will work just as well. 

Lastly I went through the Kerastase Nutritive Nutridefense Spray. I still don't think I understand what it is. I would just spray it on my hair when it looked dry, or spray it on before bed and brush it out in the morning. It's not as thick as my Black spray or It's a 10, which is why I can't figure out if this is a detangling spray or just a "spray and fairies will pet your hair" product. My hair did look less dry but that's about it. It's also $35 so I don't feel like rebuying it. 



I used up my second to last pot of MAC studio sculpt concealer in NC 15. I rarely use it on my face, but I like to do comparison swatches. Either way, I'm quite fond of this one and it got discontinued in this packaging. I'm not ever sure what I'm going to buy after I run out completely. I'm pretty picky with concealers. 

What have you run out of lately?

6 comments:

  1. Great post!! I always forget to do my empties because I tend to throw them out! hehe silly me, but none of the less, great post! And I'm the same way with concealers too!

    Evelyn<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know you enjoyed it! I hope you make some empties posts too!

      Delete
  2. great products! you finished a lot of them :) good!!
    thank you for stopping by at my blog and I saw a sushi picture on your instagram *__* i love sushiiii

    ♥ Im following you with gfc and on bloglovin' ♥

    xoxo,
    Alice's Pink Diary
    Alice's Pink Diary FACEBOOK PAGE
    Alice's Pink Diary BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on using up makeup! I feel like I almost never use up makeup completely... usually I just throw it away eventually with a bit left because it's so old. I've used up two boxes of Nexcare acne patches in the last month or so... not sure I should be happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Lovely blog and great post! We invite you to visit my blog :) kisses! ;) www.mvesblog.com

    ReplyDelete