Thursday, January 9, 2014

December Glossybox Review


Since Glossybox is a beauty box that sends several skincare products, I thought it would be much better if I did reviews after I had had a good amount of time to try out the stuff. And I took a lot of these products on vacation with me to see how they fared and if I would purchase the full size. 




Anatomicals You Need a Shower Your Nose Smells Rose Body Cleanser ($5)

What a name. I've said this before and I'll repeat it, I don't have particular feelings towards different body washes. Unless they are horrific, I find them all to be the same. And that's the case with this one. It's ok. It smells strongly of rose, which can be a hit or miss depending on the person. But it cleans my body just fine. The only real downfall is that it doesn't lather very well and I have to use more than I want to because of the gel texture. I wouldn't buy the full size because I have so many body washes, I don't need to buy any for the next two years.

Naobay Moisturizing Oxygenating Cream ($45)

I used this as my everyday morning moisturizer for about two weeks. And it's a decent product. It smells nice, feels not too heavy and moisturizes well. But I can't say that it does anything a drugstore moisturizer wouldn't. I've read other people's reviews of this and they were very positive, so I don't know if I'm just too picky. On the other hand, that one reviewer who said it "oxygenated" her skin. Guuurl. 

Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask ($34)

I passed this off to my mom because it says it's a mask for all skin types except sensitive. But I wouldn't hold my breath for her review of it. I will say that it does smell very nice. Like true pumpkin. I was actually going to try it despite the skin type recommendation but then several people told me it burned when they put it on. Nope nope nope. 

Punker World's Baddest Eyeliner- Ardency Inn ($19)

I don't think I have ever used a giant marker style eyeliner before. I'm not sure that's it's easier to apply than other ones despite the comapany's claims. It's not too hard though and goes on very black. But there is a significant amount of fading throughout the day, and without primer it just disappears after several hours. I would not buy this because there are so many better liquid liners out there, even at the drugstore. 

Nails, inc Victoria Polish ($9.50)

Before I start to sound like a total Negative Nancy, I really loved this polish. It was my favorite thing in the box actually. The color is a very nice deep burgundy/wine. And it's very shiny. The staying power usually depends on my topcoat for me, but I don't have any problems with it. I will say that this is a pretty dark color though, and it highlights any sloppy nail painting. I might rebuy this if I still like the color after I finish this bottle. The price is reasonable too. 



Overall, I was really happy with this Glossybox. I know I said I wouldn't rebuy any products, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy trying them out and using them. I'm also really happy that Glossybox gave me the eyeliner instead of hand cream like other people.

I've gotten two Glossyboxes so far and I'm really liking them. They are more expensive at $21 per month, but they also send out nicer products. Check them out!

4 comments:

  1. This does seem like a nicer collection of items than what is usually in Ipsy and Birchbox. Also, clearly I've been doing it wrong because I've failed to mention the oxygenizing abilities of the various moisturizers I've reviewed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of nail polish is really lovely, something I would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice box! I don't know how I'd feel using a liquid liner that's a size of a permanent marker either. I always end up buying the thinnest brushes because I make a lot of mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything in that box looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete