Sunday, January 26, 2014

January Empties



I actually managed to use up quite a few products this month, which is unusual for me. Anyhoo, let's get into it. 






Nivea Creme (Original)

This stuff is a classic for a reason. I think it's probably one of the least problematic/irritating creams for any skin type. I started using it in the winter when my moisturizers started feeling stingy on my dry skin. And it's great. Very moisturizing. It's also pretty greasy so I would only use it at night unless you want to look super shiny. I have the version made in Germany, but the ones sold in the US are made in Mexico. The only difference is a couple of preservatives, but for some reason, I like the European version of this creme. 




Naobay Oxygenating Moisturizing Creme

I think I already talked about this in my December Glossy Box Review.  It's okay. 

Nourish Organic Face Lotion

I got this in my January Ipsy bag and I think it's the worst facial moisturizer I have ever tried in my life. Which is impressive almost. It smells like some sort of off-putting grapefruit, not like rose and argan. It also made my skin feel dry and tight. I don't even understand how that's possible. I had to add like 4 layers of this stuff to feel even remotely ready for makeup. AND it feels sticky. So yeah. Absolutely awful. 

Sample of Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream

I quite liked this. It felt very soft and was nice under the eyes. The price tag is ridiculous for what you get though. Not worth it. 




Clean and  Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser

Meh. I used this on my back to combat my forever there back acne. It's still there. I can't really comment on how it works on the face. 

Anatomicals You Need a Blooming Shower

I also reviewed this in my December Glossybox Review.  And I still think it's a decent shower gel. 




Benefit's They're Real Mascara

This is the only mascara I own and buy multiples of.  It's very good at lengthening the lashes. Some people don't like how it looks when you build it up, but I don't mind some clumpiness. It also doesn't smudge for me but is super hard to remove. So it's a trade off but I love it. Also, it lasts a true 6 months before you have to throw it out. None of that 3-4 weeks issue (looking at you drugstore mascaras). 

Bebe Lip Balm

I don't like adding this to my posts because these are impossible to find outside of select drugstores in Eastern Europe. But the smell is the greatest smell ever. Really. 

Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask

Ipsy really missed the mark with this one too. I think it did a worse job at conditioning that my regular conditioner. I also only got one use out of this because I have a lot of hair. And I even kept it on for like 15 minutes. Ugh. 

Nails, Inc Polish in Victoria

This is the first polish I have "finished" in my life. It just got too thick to use toward the end. But I love the color so much. It's the perfect dark red almost black without any sort of sparkle. I tried finding a cheaper dupe, but it was impossible. So I just ordered another bottle from Nordstrom. Big kudos to Glossybox to sending this out. Even bigger kudos for it not being some sort of weird discontinued color I can't find anywhere. 



18 comments:

  1. oh love these products soo much *.* just like your blog!
    Maybe you would like to follow each other? :)
    http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...you managed to get through quite a bit of goodies! I used to use the Nivea Cream, it is fantastic,...so moisturizing!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mascara is coo great! i love her!
    :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nivea products, thanks for the visit.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit They're Real is one of the few mascaras that I have bought repeatedly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that people either love it or hate it. But I think it's great.

      Delete
  6. omg you are totally on the mark about the nourish organics face lotion!!! i also thought it smelled like rotten grapefruit or something citrus + weird...and same for me, it did NOT help my skin even a little. totally terrible product honestly...i can't even understand how something with argan oil isn't even remotely moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. i was pretty upset with that one. other people gave it rave reviews on the ipsy site and i could not believe that we tried the same product.

      Delete
  7. I actually sort of liked the smell of the Nourish moisturizer... maybe I'm weird. But I agree, it wasn't very moisturizing at all. And it left a slight filmy feeling on my skin. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was so excited for that product too. Oh ipsy.

      Delete
  8. i really need to try the Benefit mascara :) good job doll on finishing up those products :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely try out the "they're real". They have a smaller sample size of it at Sephora too.

      Delete