Saturday, January 18, 2014

January Ipsy


Ipsy is a beauty box/bag/envelope subscription service that sends you a little makeup bag with samples and full sized products every month. They're $10 a month and currently have a wait list. Feel free to check them out here: Ipsy

That being said, this was my first month with them. I ordered a subscription because it was relatively cheap compared to other beauty boxes, and I like the fact that they tend to send out more makeup. This month however, was mostly skincare. 






A lot of people have been complaining that their little bags smell strongly of chemicals. I didn't experience that personally. I think the design of the bag is okay, but nothing too exciting. 




Here are all of the goodies that were inside of the bag. I wanted to swatch the eye pencil and lip balm, but I already know that I don't want to keep them for myself. And I don't think my gift receivers want swatched makeup items. So you'll just have to use your imagination or google. 

Proactiv Mark Fading Pads $2

A lot of people have been hating on getting these in their bag, but I'm okay with it. I wouldn't use them on my face but there are definitely marks on my back that need fading. I'm not a fan of them adding Proactiv products to their bag though. I find that universally Proactiv is considered a pretty crappy brand and sending out acne related products is not much appreciated. 

Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl $7

Ehhhh. I don't use sparkly eyeliners. Putting into my regift drawer. 

MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta $15

I hate hate hate lip balms that come in pots with no applicator. Do they expect me to stick my dirty fingers in there to reapply it? Unless this lip balm lasts 8 hours with no touch ups, it's a no go. I'll also give this one away. 

Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion $6.50

This is probably the item I am most excited about. I am almost out of my face lotion that I got from the december Glossybox, so I'll just keep the face lotion sample train going. 

Brigeo, Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask $5

This is also a good product for me because I always have dry hair and love to use deep conditioning products. However, the size seems barely large enough to cover 1/2 my hair. 

Total Value: $35.50

The value of this box seems good, but there are some items I don't believe anyone in their right mind would buy full price (lip balm). Also, in the past Ipsy sent out a lot of full sized products, where as these are really tiny. I'm kind of on the fence about this bag. 






7 comments:

  1. To be fair, I think the full size of that tinted lip balm comes with a brush applicator in the cap. Which makes a lot of sense, because who would want to stick their finger in a pot of tinted balm? Anyway, I've been subscribed to Ipsy for a while and have received better bags than this, so hopefully next month's is more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. The price is right, so I'll definitely stick around to see a couple more months.

      Delete
  2. that lip balm looks so yummy!

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag just looks alright. I hate lip balm in pots too, its just gross. I do actually like the look of that eyeliner though. I can't exactly tell but it looks like it might make a nice inner corner highlight and possibly be nice in the waterline too.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ended up trying out the eyeliner in the corners of my eyes, and it looks nice. Good call.

      Delete
  4. This beauty guru swatched the lip balm and it was gorgeous! I'd hate to have gotten proactiv as well! That eyeliner looks like a nice color! :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete