Thursday, February 6, 2014

January Favourites


January really flew by. Here's all the products I enjoyed using last month.





This is my most used eye brush in my entire collection. And it's been getting a lot of love this January. If I'm in a hurry, I'll usually only use two eyeshadow colors. And this is the brush I use to apply my lid color. It's a very nice size. Large enough to cover everything quickly, but not big enough that eyeshadow gets everywhere and it looks sloppy. It's also not flimsy at all. A great everyday eye brush. 


I posted about this in a little haul post a while ago and said I was going to use it for contouring since I have a small face. And I have used it for that. BUT I also found out that it's a fantastic blending brush. It looks very large, but it does such a nice job of making everything look cohesive and flawless. 


I seem to alternate between lip balms a lot, and this has been my definite favorite this month. Winter gives me dry lips, so I tend to go for balms with more occlusives to keep the moisture in. I could just use Vaseline, but this is so much cuter and smells nicer. 


I have grown to really love this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner to make my hair less tangled and more soft. Because if I just wash my hair and let it air dry, I usually can't brush through it afterwards. But if I add this, I can comb out my long locks without any pain. I honestly don't think I could live without this. I'm sure the one without Keratin also works just as well, but I got this one. 

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer NC 15 (In Discontinued Glass Jar Packaging)

You know it's a rough month when I put concealer on my favorites. But I have been breaking out a lot lately and I need to cover it up. This is the only concealer I have owned that I truly liked and repurchased over and over. And it's great stuff. Especially if you take the time to warm it up between your fingers and then press it into the skin. It melds together nicely and lasts all day. 

What were your favorites this month?

9 comments:

  1. ooh great favorites!! thanks for sharing :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye shading brush looks really good! I've been looking for a new one, mine is awful!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigma makes awesome eye brushes, check them out!

      Delete
  3. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer is on my wishlist. Do you think I can use it as an under eye to hide dark circles? Does it crease?
    I want to invite you to join my giveaways:
    - win a header / logo for your blog: http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/02/win-free-headerlogo-design-for-your.html
    - win Clarins, Clinique and more: http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/01/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html

    xoxo,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wouldn't use this for the under eye area.

      I would use the Pro Longwear as that one is made for under eye circles.

      Delete
  4. i literally just wrote down It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Plus Keratin on my beauty wishlist. every youtuber that i follow loves this product, just need to find an online seller that will import it here in the PH hopefully i can find a good deal :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so lovely.

    My favourite product has to be Nip & Fab eye fix, very soothing :)

    Sophie xo soinspo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love the brushes - looking forward to hearing how you find them! xxxoox

    www.fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete