Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Roundup: I'm Cold Edition.




It's been really freezing here this winter. All those polar vortexes and whatnot. But in addition to being really cold, here's what I've been up to.




My parents came to visit me at school, which is always nice because I get fooood. And it's nice to see them, of course. We had a great time at one of my favorite restaurants called Lena, where I had a seviche trio appetizer and a blue crab burrito. I also love their mod decor. 


I also had the opportunity to go to another restaurant, this time an asian fusion one. I opted for the bento box, and it was very good. I believe it had shrimp tempura, california rolls, seaweed salad, potato salad, and those ball things. That's not their real name. Obviously. 


I have been obsessed with watching Downton Abbey. I'm on season 4, but I'm also rewatching season 1 with someone who has never seen the show before. If you're at all into period dramas, I recommend it whole heartedly. 


And finally, I got these super cute Joan & David Quella pumps. I wasn't going to buy them because buying such high heels without trying them on is risky, but they literally have perfect reviews on Amazon. And the reviews were right. For their height (5 inches), these are very comfortable and I can definitely walk in them. Not a mile, but to the club and back at least. I bought them at 6pm.com. I believe there are some left, but in a different color. 

How has your week been?






19 comments:

  1. Love those heels! And I've been obsesssssed with Downton lately too! I especially love the Irish guy that Lady Sybil was married to haha such a babe and so funny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking food! My husband and I have been making time every sunday to watch Downton Abbey (I'm sad the season is over now). P.S. I like to call it Downtown Alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bento box meal looks delicious! I am addicted to seaweed salad. Yummy! Also, those shoes are hot!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumps and I want to go eat sushi again!! *__*

    xoxo,
    Alice's Pink Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shoes! obento food looks delicious! If you have a minute visit my blog, new post up today!

    themaiddiction.wordpress.com

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice post.
    Your new pumps are amazing :)

    http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That food looks delicious! And I absolutely love Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, the bento box looks delicious! Also love your new Joan & David Quella pumps - what a fab colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. - Killer pumps!
    - The food looks delicious!

    I've heard so many great things about Downton Abbey, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Maybe I could convince my husband to watch it with me! =)

    Linh @ blushology.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crab burrito looks heavenly. I'm sad that this season of Downton Abbey is over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I'm loving those shoes!
    I'm now following your blog :)

    SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out. http://adrie182.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete