Monday, February 10, 2014

Perfect Palette Tag


I know that this tag has been floating around youtube and blogs for a while now. But I've finally decided to do it. I don't have too many palettes to choose from like some people, but I had a lot of fun picking ones out.





Best Packaging
Urban Decay Mariposa Palette


I think that the butterfly motif inside this palette is very pretty to photograph. And I like the sturdy metal case with butterflies on the outside. I don't use this one often, but it's very cute. 

Best Colour Payoff
Urban Decay Deluxe Palette


I find that it's hard to get bright colors to show up really well, but the shades in this palette are phenomenal. It's my go to palette for almost all bright/themed looks. 

Most Versatile
Z Palette


This might be a cheating answer, but it is truly the most versatile both because I can put whatever I want in it, and because I can change it up. 

Best For Traveling
Random Lancome Sample Palette


I have had this for a really long time, and this is the palette I always take on vacation with me. It's a nice mixture of a white and espresso matte, along with two medium shimmer shades. 

Biggest Regret
Chanel Quad in Seduction


I will never understand what happened with this palette. When I swatched the tester, the colors were bright and pigmented. But my palette is awful. And I couldn't return it because I bought it in an airport. Sadness. 


Least Used
NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eyeshadow in Long Beach Sands


I got this is my Influenster Jolly Vox Box, and it is by far the worst eyeshadow I have used in a long time. Zero pigmentation. 


Best Colour Names
Urban Decay Ammo Palette


I know that the names are not exclusive to the palette, but I like the Urban Decay names for shadows. Interesting without being too much. 

Most Loved
Lorac Pro


We haven't been together very long, but this palette is already my favorite. I use it almost every day and am amazed as to how nice the shadows are. 

If you're reading this, I tag you to do this too :)















16 comments:

  1. Great list! I think I need a Z palette now...

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried the Sleek palettes? They're fab and are so affordable too!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag! I really want to try out that Lorac Palette! :) Underground and fishnet from the UD palette are some of my all time favorite shadows! It's such a great palette and I was lucky enough to get it for $10 off of their website!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think eyeshadows always come in such pretty colours! But I actually don't wear it that often. Maybe I should ... really love the Lorac Pro palette.
    Thank you very much for visiting my blog!
    Have a nice week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pallettes ♡ ♡
    loved your blog, I'm following on GFC and bloglovin :)
    thanks for visiting my blog!

    xoxo
    STYLE TRACES BLOG
    ST FACEBOOK PAGE
    ST INSTAGRAM
    ST ON BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adore the colours in most of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing palettes. and the chanel? I love the colors maybe your palette have flaw?

    beijinhos querida
    Chic Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post!! My sister's been asking me for a palette for her birthday! I was thinking either one of the UD Naked palettes (such classics) or the UD Ammo palette :) still looking around since I have a bunch of time, but good to hear you like a bunch of the UD ones!

    Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  9. aah i hate it when high end products turn out to be a flop esp since they cost more. btw does zpalette have smaller versions of that case? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do :) Those ones fit about 9 of the little depotted mac size shadows.

      Delete
  10. I love the Lorac Pro Pallette ... It looks like such amazing colours.. So it's on my wish list too.

    ReplyDelete