Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask



I got this mask with my January Pop Sugar Box and at first I was a little skeptical to try it. Because in my mind detox/foaming/deep clean = dry skin. But that is totally not the case with this mask, and I'm really happy I got it because otherwise I would have never purchased this. 




What It Is

"An easy 5-minute foaming gel mask: Innovative, oxygenating cleansing agents replace harsh detergents and drying clays to deep-pore-cleanse, lifting dirt, oil and make-up away from the skin without irritation, while creating a physical barrier to seal hydration. Complex amino acids and natural almond extract gently and effectively purify, clarify, balance and soothe. Stable Vitamin C, antioxidants Vitamin E and Soy Protein help firm and address concerns for aging while instantly brightening complexion" (malign + goetz website)

This stuff also won those Allure Beauty Awards things in 2008, so apparently it's been around for a long time. Guess I'm behind. 

Packaging

I like this packing. The bottle is super sturdy and comes with a pump at the top that you can close shut. 



Cost/Where to Buy

This seems to be $40 across all websites. It's sold at dermstore.com, beautybar.com, birch box, and lots of others. 

Ingredients

In case you can't read that hodge podge that's going on on that bottle. 

Purified Water (Aqua Purificata), Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Methyl Perfluoro- Butyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Isononyl Isononanoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-90m, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Benzaldehyde, 4-T-Butylcyclohexanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Prunus Amyg- Dalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Stable Vitamin C), Sodium Pca, Arginine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Benzoic Acid, Methylchloro- Isothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone.

From a quick glance, I see that it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone and Stearyl Alcohol. I'm most weary about the SLS, but this is a face mask, not a cleanser. 

How To Use It

According to the bottle, there are three ways to use this product. The first it to use it as a mask. It says to leave it on your face for 5 minutes and wash it off, about 2-3 times a week. Then, they said if you have oily skin, you can use it as a regular cleanser. And if you have sensitive skin, to use it as a cleanser, and wipe it off instead of washing it off. I tried all 3 ways, and I think I prefer using it as  face mask. 

How it Looks/Feels

This mask is really cool because it goes from looking creamy to being super foamy. You can't really feel it foaming, and it's not tingly or anything. 




Does It Work

I like this mask for one reason mainly. It removes/minimizes my sebaceous filaments. Yeah, I know it's perfectly normal to have them, but I don't like them. At the same time, I don't want to use scrubs to get them out. So this is really nice at removing them and making future ones smaller. It also doesn't leave my face feeling dry. I expected it to. With all that foaming action. But it just leaves my skin soft. 

Rating

4/5

The ingredients are not my favorite, but it's a nice mask. 

8 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this until now! Guess we're both behind haha but it sounds fab! I like how it foams up and is able to clean deeply without leaving your face feeling dry. Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging honestly looks like medicated ointment to me. Besides that, it sounds like a great product. I hate the sebaceous filaments that I have on my nose.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound great ..Will give iten my current a try when my current mask is finished.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good mask! I actually like detoxifying masks because I feel my skin is really clean after. I might give this a try. Thanks for the review! :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Ich bin gerade auf deinen Blog gestoßen, und finde ihn richtig toll :) Schau doch mal auf meinem Blog vorbei. http://sweetflower48.blogspot.de/ Vielleicht hast du ja Lust mir zu Folgen? Ich freue mich auf deinen Besuch.

    Love,
    Sweetflower

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for visit and comment my blog :)
    how about follo each other?? I always follow back so let me know :)
    xoxo
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely, just came across your blog and it's awesome! :)

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to your next post - Great review, thanks for sharing!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete