Monday, March 10, 2014

March Pop Sugar


So, I have to mention that this is my last Pop Sugar box. I ordered the 3 month subscription because I got a very good deal on it (one box free), and I was just not impressed enough to keep my subscription going. However, I'll see what's in next month's box, and maybe if it's good I'll order it again. Pop Sugar doesn't have a wait list, so if the boxes are not sold out, you can definitely get one. They are $39.95 a month and here is what was in the March box. 

















SnapPea Crisps $2

Um. Yes. These are very good. At first bite, I didn't think too much of them. But then I ate the entire bag.

Nature's Bakery All Natural Strawberry Fig Bar $1.50

This was good too. But I love everything in bar form.


Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum $27

I've actually never tried this brand, but I'm currently using the serum that came in February's box and I really like it. So I'll see if this serum keeps the trend going. 

Dogeared Lucky Horseshoe Make a Wish Necklace $30

So you're supposed to make a wish on this necklace and when it falls off, the wish comes true. And it's going to fall off because it's hanging on a string. I vote this for almost the worst idea ever. Or maybe I'm just really cheap and don't see the point of wasting $30 on jewelry that you're going to lose. 

Bauble Bar Elephant Ring Tree $12

I would have really loved this stand in gold, because I like gold a lot more than silver. So I'll probably just spray paint it and then put it on my vanity. 



Brokedown Blue Ikat Scarf $72

Would I ever pay $72 for this scarf? Nope. But that's what subscription boxes are for. It's actually very nice, super soft, and a great shape. And I'm excited for it to get a bit warmer so I can wear it. 

Active Forever Mini Exercise Ball $10

I do a lot of cardio at the gym, and then I like to do stuff with weights. So I'm not sure what I can use this little ball for. I held onto it while I did squats, but I can't say it helped much. I know they have a blog on the Pop Sugar websites for things to do with this, but it's just not my style. 

The overall value of this box was $145, which is really grew considering how much it costs. But I've just fallen out of love with Pop Sugar so I won't be getting any more. 



4 comments:

  1. I would be happy with everything in this box. I've seen other bloggers post about wish necklaces with charms, but they were much cheaper. I would never spend $30 on something with the intent of losing it, haha. I remember getting woven wish bracelets at touristy gift shops for like 50 cents when I was a kid... that's a bit easier to swallow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's a good box. Who knows. Maybe I'll get more Pop Sugar in the future once they suck me in with something.

      Delete
  2. I agree $30 to lose something....seems a bit much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf looks beautiful at least! I'm also going to be on the hunt for those snap pea crisps, they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete