Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Modcloth Stylish Surprise


Every once in a while, especially at the end of a season, Modcloth has what they call "stylish surprise". For $10, they will send you a random piece of clothing or pair of shoes in your selected size. Other than that, it's completely random. Could be a $200 dress or a $35 pair of shoes. It's up to fate. 

Of course, I had to jump on this wagon. Because I love being surprised. But in the end, it didn't work out for me because I forgot that Modcloth is totally not my style. So it's my own fault. Either way, here's what I got. I bought both the clothes version and shoe version for $24 shipping included. 




Seychelles Heels in Petunia (Originally $130)

There is nothing wrong with these heels. They are relatively expensive, well made and comfortable. But they are completely not my style. In fact, they're already up on Ebay. 


Gilli Dress (I have no idea $40?)

Again. It fits fine and seems well made. But I don't like this color or style. 

I'm sad this didn't work out for me. I really want to try a clothing subscription box or something, but I just can't find the right aesthetic. 


15 comments:

  1. How fun!! I didn't know they did anything like that! I've never shopped on ModCloth, but I might have to now that the deal is going on. At least you'll make some money on eBay!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It was a very fun idea. I wish other stores did it too.

      Delete
  2. Yes! I ordered a couple of each but they haven't arrived yet, so I've been very curious to see what other people got. I think the heels are kind of cute... not sure about the dress, but I'd probably at least wear something like that to lounge around in during the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh. I'm excited to see your post. There was also one today for apartment items but it was sold out when I got to it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shoes. This color is wonderful. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing shoes. *_*

    itscutebubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Modcloth--generally. Neat idea, but I'd be afraid they'd sent me something I didn't like. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know they did this!!! Modcloth is totally up my alley (I've quite a few orders already), so thanks for telling me about this (even though they weren't for you!)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes are really gorgeous! Wow !!

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Salomé shoes, they're ever so stylish!
    Mafalda ❤
    http://mafaldadotzero.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I love the shoes! The 1930s T-strap design is gorgeous. :::Drools:: But, I do understand that it's not your style. Lol.
    Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve seen a lot of people subscribing boxes with make-up and skin care products, but I didn’t know they had subscriptions for clothing items. It shouldn’t be too easy to find a subscription for clothing items that fits exactly with our style. Those are some very pretty items but they are not my style as well. A real shame it didn’t work out!

    http://momodicted.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete