Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Birthday Haul: Beauty



 So, I know I have not posted in a while and I'm sorry about that. But I've been busy trying to figure out my life and finish up the semester. And somewhere along all that, I had my 21ist birthday! Of course, I gifted some stuff to myself, because that's how I roll. And I got some nice presents from friends that I want to share. 






The first thing I got was this Skin 79 BB Cream in green. I have somehow never noticed this version before. But someone posted about it on reddit and included swatches. I was amazed at how light it is. Definitely comparable to the Missha #13. I will definitely test it out and do a review.



From Left to Right: Missha Perfect Cover in #13, Skin 79 Green, Skin 79 Hot Pink


My boyfriend was nice enough to get me the new Elie Saab perfume "L'eau Couture". We actually got a sample of this when we were walking through Neiman Marcus and we really enjoyed it. I think it's only currently available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. I have not seen it at other department stores. Anyway, it's a very nice floral, almond, vanilla, sweet scent. Nothing too strong. Definitely a winner. 

And at long last, my Hautelook order of Tarina Tarantino arrived. I was never really drawn to this brand, but I read fantastic reviews on Temptalia, so I had to try it out. 



I have to say. I hate her packaging. It looks tacky and is hard to open. But the Dollskin Cheek Blush Palette comes with four blush shades: Candy Cameo, Feather, Carved Rose and Parasol. 3 of those shades are supposed to be shimmery, but I can't see any glitter/shimmer when I swatch them. I'll have to put these to the test some more. Also, on the Tarina Tarantino website this palette is $45, on Hautelook it was $24. If these blushes are any good, it will turn out to be a great deal.


I also got the Jewel Shadow Palette in Magical. It's actually a very interesting range of shades. At first I though it was going to be a neutral palette, but it's more rosy/purple. On her website, it's $32. On Hautelook it was $15. And this palette is impossible to open. Like actually. I had to get a hair pin. ugh. 



I really like the 3 darker shades. The white is pretty blah. 


And here's a picture of my birthday dinner. It was delicious. Tofu power. I also didn't know what I was supposed to do with the plate of oranges they brought me. 





12 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I'd love to know what you think of the Skin79 Green BB - I've debated picking it up myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'll definitely post it soon.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! I bought the same Tarina Tarantino eyeshadow from Hautelook, but I haven't gotten mine yet. What are you supposed to do with those oranges? Are they a palate cleanser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I hope you get yours soon. This stuff took a reealllyyy long time to ship, even for haute look.

      And I wish I knew. I tried putting some in my cocktail, but that didn't seem right.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I've never seen that green version of SKIN79 and I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      And I'll definitely share my thoughts soon. So far I love it though. All the awesomeness of Skin 79 with a better fitting shade.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! I like the look of that dollskin palette, you'll have to do a review of it in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What restaurant did you go to? It looks super good.
    The Tara Tarantino stuff looks pretty nice, too... I was definitely eyeing the blush palette on Hautelook. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Glad to see that you had a good time. :-)
    I hope that you'll review the perfume soon! I'm very curious about it.
    Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday! hope you had a great one! Ellie saab's fragrances are beautiful. I have the bb cream in silver, it does a great job at covering uneven skin :)

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated birthday!!! And, since when has there been a green BB cream from Skin79?!?! I need this in mah liiiife!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of those TT products! They look amazing! And that's great that the bb cream is a good match for you! It tends to be too light out of the bottle for the majority of asian girls with a more yellow tone (which is a lot of us) ^^

    ReplyDelete