Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Haul: Real Techniques Sam's Picks and Coastal Scents Contour & Blush Palette



I recently got some really hyped about items. The Coastal Scents Contour Blush Palette and the super loved Real Techniques brushes. 






I got the Sam's Picks set from Real Techniques. It retails for $29.99. Iherb.com has $5 off for first time customers and free shipping. So I ended up getting it for $24.99. That comes out to less that $5 a brush. 




These brushes are very very light. And very soft. However, they do not feel expensive at all. Which they're not. But I'm just saying. Mine also have that cheap plastic smell. Which I'm sure will go away soon.






With this set you get (right to left)

Fine Liner Brush
Essential Crease Brush
Pointed Foundation Brush
Setting Brush
Buffing Brush
Multi-Task Brush

Overall, I'm excited to try these out and see how they compare to my mostly Sigma brushes.




Up next is the Coastal Scents Contour Blush Palette. I got this on Amazon for $15. This is the exact same product as the BH cosmetics version of this palette because both companies have the same supplier. 




Going into this purchase I thought that I would get 1 highlight shade, 2 skin shades, 2 blushes and 1 contour. But that pink skin shade is like a blush on me. 





I might even use that yellow skin tone as a contour. Because that's how I roll. 





I remember some girls on youtube using the brown as a contour. Lol. I think that's a crease eyeshadow for me. However, it's not orange at all, which is nice. 

The dark pink colour is a little crumbly too. 

Also. The reviews said that this palette is not as pigmented. That is a lie. 




This happened after I touched my foot by accident. Pink everywhere. This is not a crappy dollar store palette. The packaging is cheap, but the colors pack a lot of punch. 

Super excited to play with this. 



2 comments:

  1. Omg, I'm so jealous of that RT brush set! I totally would love that set! I don't have most of those type of brushes!! It's such a great bargain too! That palette is awesome too! I have the smokey eye palette from them, it's full of so many colors and it's super pigmented! I don't doubt their quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contour blush palette looks amazing, that brown shade would definitely be too dark for my contour as well :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete