Sunday, May 25, 2014

Review: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion




I really wanted to like this product. It has stellar reviews on nearly every single site. A lot of youtube gurus recommend it. I've had salespeople recommend it to me. And I thought it was going to be the greatest acne spot treatment ever. And I was pretty disappointed. 





I bought is on the Nordstrom website because of their free shipping for $18. I have also seen it on Amazon, Ulta and the Mario Badescu website. 

They have a glass jar and a plastic jar version. 

The way that you're supposed to use this is to dip a q-tip into the bottle until you hit  the pink part on the bottom. Then you apply to pimples and it helps dry them out. 




The ingredients are pretty standard, with several calming agents for acne such as calamine and zinc oxide. And sulfur along with salicylic acid as the big players. The isopropyl alcohol might be drying if you were putting this all over your face, but for spot treatment, I don't think it would be too irritating. 




And here's what it looks like on a q-tip. 

The bottom line is that I tried this out for 3 nights and it did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Benzol peroxide works better, tea tree oil works better, anything with salicylic acid works better. This does not. 

I tried putting a little on, and then I just globbed it on and it didn't make a difference. 

I'm honestly amazed that people like this stuff so much. 







1 comment:

  1. I have this product, too, and quite honestly, it depends on the blemish you're working with. I find it actually works quite well on white heads (when you can actually see the pus) and when the area you're putting it on is completely clean (no moisturizer,etc), but for other types, yes, there are more effective treatments.
    For under the skin blemishes, the Buffering Lotion is dabomb.com.
    See you in a couple weeks, gurll! Are you going to be in town this summer?

    ReplyDelete