Friday, May 2, 2014

Review: Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette


I got this palette with my PopSugar box but I thought I would do a review because it's also sold on its own. I had never tried Too Faced shadows before, and I was pleasantly surprised with this palette. I like the packaging a lot, and the actual shadows are nice too, with a good selection of colours. 


 


I like the packaging of this palette because it's small and compact, yet still has a lot of shades and a mirror. And it's great that Too Faced gives you bigger sizes of the highlight shades. Although, let's be real. When I have so many palettes, I have never used up a single shade in any of them. 

The colors are also a nice mix of shimmers and mattes. Although I find the two medium matte browns (Nudie and Cashmere Bunny) to be very similar colors. So I think it would have been better to switch one of those out for something else. 

The names of the colors themselves are a bit risqué, like Silk Teddy and Sexpresso. But I like that. 

It's also interesting to note that this palette has 3 new shades (Nudie, Cashmere Bunny and Chocolate Martini) compared to the old palette, which came in the cardboard packaging. 




This palette retails for $36 for .39oz. In comparison, the Lorac Pro palette is $42 for .32 oz. The Urban Decay naked palettes are .60 oz and $52. So it is a cheaper palette, but you also get less shadows with the Too Faced Natural Eye. 

You can get this palette at Ulta, Sephora, ect. 




And here are the shadows themselves, swatched once with no primer. They are pretty good. I would sa y that quality is a little bit worse that the Lorac Pro. But you can definitely work with it and create lots of different looks. I personally think Silk Teddy (Second from the left) and Push Up (Middle) are very nice shimmery shades. 

Overall, I don't think this palette is a must have unless you're a neutrals queen. But it is nice, especially for traveling. 



15 comments:

  1. The swatches are pretty! I'm tired of naughty names on products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite there yet. Maybe I don't own enough NARS products.

      Delete
  2. I totally prefer the newer palette! The super chunky glitter shade in the older one is damn difficult to use and I never touch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I hate chunky glitter.

      Delete
  3. Their super cute packaging always draws me in, looks so fancy and girly :) I feel like I have far too many neutral shades in my collection though, I would love for them to come out with something a bit more dramatic and interesting soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have waaay too many neutrals too. But that's what I mostly wear. Although, I think I have about 20 matte browns that all look the same.

      Delete
  4. This pallet looks so pretty! But I don't feel like I need to go out and buy it right away since the shades are very similar to some other shadows that I have. But thanks for the review! I really like Too Faced as a brand and I always like seeing reviews on them. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Too Faced too! I never seem to buy a lot of their stuff, but what I have is very good.

      Delete
  5. Too faced always have such pretty packaging, I love it!
    The colours are also really nice, they're really similar to the Natural at night palette that i own :)

    xx
    Beautifyinglifee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice! The natural at night also seems like a great palette.

      Delete
  6. Yes, you have to give it to Too Faced they are great when it comes to packaging. Only Too Faced palette I have for right now is the Chocolate Bar one and I love it. So I need to remedy this problem of only having one soon......LOL!! I love your blog, and thanks so much for visiting mine!

    http://www.bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this palette has very lovely, neutral colors suitable for everyday use!
    i'm not a huge fan of colored eyeshadows, so this seems like it would be perfect for me
    i'll definitely be considering buying this
    thank you for the review!
    i've just followed you! : )

    - kou★
    ohdeerling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too Faced isn't #1 for eyeshadows, but this palette holds a special place in my heart because it was my first back in the day :) Love honey pot though! Also, they gave an entire palette in a subscription box?! Crazy!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review :) I'm all about neutrals, this would be great for me :D

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  10. its also nice for girls that are just starting to build their make up collection :) im glad it didnt come in a cardboard box type, i actually dislike that kind of packaging :D

    ReplyDelete