Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 2014 Birchbox vs. Ipsy



Since I have recently started subscribing to Birchbox, I thought it might be fun to do a post comparing both of them.  They are both makeup subscription boxes that send you boxes/bags monthly filled with deluxe sized samples and full sized products. If you want to check out Ipsy, my referral link is here. And if you are interested in Birchbox, my referral link is here.

Without further ado, here is what was in this month's bags. 





June's Birchbox had an Away We Go theme and mine contained skincare, haircare and a perfume sample. 

Number 4 Leau de Mare Hydrating Shampoo ($4.25)

Number 4 Leau de Mare Hydrating Condition ($1.09)

All I want to know is why the conditioner is so small compared to the shampoo. Usually I use up waaaay more conditioner. I'm also pretty unexcited by shampoo and conditioner. 

Vasanti Brighten Up Enzyme Face Rejuvinator ($5.67)

I don't use physical exfoliators, but my boyfriend tried this out and said it was okay. 

Gilchrist and Soames London Collection Body Lotion ($3.00)

This was pretty meh. The fragrance was very faint and the lotion was average. 

Coola Tinte Matte SPF 30 ($3.60)

I can always appreciate more sunscreen, but I'll just probably keep this in my bag for when I'm out and about and forget to put some on. I like mineral protection though. 

Folle De Joie Eau De Parfum ($2)

This was a little too citrus for me. It's mandarin, sandalwood and rose. 

Overall, my Birchbox had a value of $18.25.

I didn't feel too strongly toward any of the products though. 





June's Ipsy had a bag designed by Rebecca Minkoff and I think it's quite nice. 

NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel ($5)

I hate lipgloss. I never wear it. But I love this. I think that's all the review you need. It's not glittery or sticky and leaves a nice shine on the lips. 

Marc Anthony Dream Wave Beach Spray ($3.24)

I think salt sprays are all the rage these days, but my hair is just too dry to use them. 

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara ($15)

I'm going to put this in my gift pile because this is a natural mascara and I like my eyelashes all clumpy and long. 

Nikka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner ($3.99)

I'll most likely be passing this on to my mom. She loves blue/teal liners. 

Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cleanser ($9?)

I can't find this product on their website, which makes me suspicious. But I'll probably pass this one on too. 

Ipsy had a value of $36

I think Ipsy was the winner this month. But only because I liked the bag and the lipgloss. Otherwise. Both were kinda meh. 

Again,  if you want to check out Ipsy, my referral link is here. And if you are interested in Birchbox, my referral link is here.










6 comments:

  1. You're so lucky you got that eyeliner in your ipsy bag! I got the Jesse's Girl liner and it exploded all over me. But I love the shade of the NYX butter gloss! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, we got the same Ipsy products, except that I got the Laneige BB Cushion instead of the Skinn cleanser. :-)
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of that teal liner! And the NYX gloss too. Having received several of the things that were in your Birchbox before, I'm going to agree and say that Ipsy is the clear winner. Though to be fair the Number 4 hair products do smell pretty nice (not that that makes them as exciting as a awesome lip gloss, but silver linings I guess?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birchbox just doesn't interest me. All the unboxings I see just seem so "meh" and not a good value. I am looking forward to my ipsy bag this month (I haven't gotten to see it yet because I'm away from home -- hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get back!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try that shade of the NYX butter gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nyx Bytter gloss colour looks AMAZING !!

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete