Monday, July 28, 2014

July 2014 Empties



I'm usually pretty bad about using stuff up, but summer seems to speed everything up because I use so much sunscreen, body wash and lotion. Gotta keep my skin looking nice. Anyway, here's what  used up this month.






Pur-lisse Pur Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer

I got this in my Ipsy bag. I think it's okay. It has a gel like consistency and sinks into the skin well. The scent is a little bit like glue. Would I repurchase this for $55? Never.

Now Solutions Apricot Oil

I got this when I was giving oil cleansing a try. And I seem to have lucked out on finding an oil that works really well with my skin. It sadly doesn't smell like apricots but it does remove makeup, including waterproof mascara, very well. I repurchased the 16 oz bottle from Amazon. 

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Cleanser

Another Ipsy product. Probably the best smelling cleanser I have ever used. It smells exactly like creamsicle. But it burned by face. So definitely a no go. I finished it up as a body wash. 



All dat sunscreen.

Walgreens Baby Sunscreen 

I bought a lot of tubes of this because they're very cheap and great for the body. I would prefer a physical body sunscreen, but they're usually a lot more expensive. And since I used up like one of these a week, I guess I'm sticking with chemical sunscreen prices. 

Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen

This used to be my holy grail, but I've had to move on. Which sounds super dramatic, but this sunscreen and all physical ones do not provide enough UVA protection. It says broad spectrum, but it's just too poor compared to physical/chemical combos or just chemical. And for my face, I need a lot of protection. So I'll have to retire this old favorite. 

CVS Sensitive Skin Sun Lotion

This is the typical physical sunscreen. Very white, very greasy, and does not sink in. Plus the bottle is so hard to dispense sunscreen out of. Not my favorite. 

CVS Clear Zinc Sun Lotion

This is slightly deceiving because you would think that it's just zinc oxide. But it also has octocrylene. I would repurchase this one but it's $7 for 4 ounces, compared to my Walgreens baby thats like $2 for $3 ounces on sale.



Dial Vitamin Boost Body Wash

In theory there's nothing wrong with this body wash. But it's green/ the color of slime. And I just couldn't deal with it. So I used huge amounts every time I showered so I could finish it quicker. 

Tresemme Freshstart Dry Shampoo

A pretty meh product. Very chemical-y smelling. I prefer Batiste. 

Aqua Spa Body Creme

I really enjoyed this as a hand creme. It had a really nice Lavender and Chamomile scent. I was about to be like "oh but this is expensive so I won't repurchase". But I just checked and this sells on Walmart.com for like $8. So I probably will repurchase. 

Naobay Body Radience Lotion

This was a very meh lotion. Plus I used up the sample in like 3 days. 

What have you finished lately?

6 comments:

  1. I bought that Walgreens baby sunscreen for exactly the same reason. It works well enough and I don't even mind my boyfriend stealing it because it's so cheap. Success?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tresemee dry shampoo its so good i just used mine up to <3

    http://thebeautebook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely products though i haven't tried this brands <3

    Join my Giveaway here!
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute:з

    I would be very happy if you are subscribing to me or just check out my blog http://kurumichiii.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review, thx for sharing. I haven't tried any of the brands, though. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiyaaa I have nominated your blog for The Liebster Award head over to http://thebeautebook.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html to check out the rules and the questions <3

    ReplyDelete