Saturday, July 5, 2014

June 2014 Favourites



June was a busy month for me (biochemistry finals man), but I still managed to try out quite a few new products and use some old favorites. And here's what really impressed me. 






Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8 at drugstores)

There is a reason people really love this. It is the best dry shampoo I have tried, by far. It sprays in a very authoritative way (that's a weird description, but it does) and you get an even coating of the powder. And it looks super scary and white at first but then it disappears and you can't see it. My hair looks great after I use this. Literally like I washed it. I guess that's why it's called dry shampoo. They also have colors for darker hair shades too. But I just tried the original version. 

Loreal Total Repair 5 Multi Restorative Hair Oil ($8 at drugstores)

I bought a bottle of this a while back, and I never truly appreciated how good of an oil it was until I tried the Garnier version. Then I realized that this dry oil is phenomenal. It sinks in so quickly and smells great. No greasiness anywhere. Although if I did have some, I could use my Batiste dry shampoo to take care of it ;)

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat ($8 on Amazon)

I have tried the blue base coat by Orly before and that one was so bad that I was skeptical about getting another one from the brand. But this is great. It really grips the polish on top and prevents chipping. I think I would consider this my manicure holy grail along with my Seche Vite topcoat. 




Real Techniques Multi Task Brush (comes in Travel set or Sam's picks set at Ulta)

I made my first Real Techniques purchase a while ago and I was trying to decide which one was my favorite this month. Because there were three I really liked. And I decided to go with this one. I use it for blush. Being a pale person, I sometimes put on too much blush and then look crazy. This brush really helps blend out my blush, even ones that are tricker to work with. I love using it with my Hourglass blush in Radiant Magenta. That color is pretty dark and pigmented and yet this brush makes it look very nice on me. 

MAC Creme Cup ($16 at MAC)

This is my 6th Mac lipstick and it honestly should have been my first. It's such a neutral and flattering color. I don't really like true nudes because they make me look like I have concealer lips and this has a very nice amount of pink in it. And I think I might actually finish this one and buy another. In fact, if I could only keep one lipstick out of my entire collection I would choose this. I have very strong feelings toward it. 

MAC 219 ($25 at MAC)

I have small eyes and don't like to wear liner on my lower lash line because I feel like it makes them smaller. So I usually just smudge some of my eyeshadow down there to finish off a look. And this brush is great for that. I suppose you could also use it for very fine crease work, but I love it for under the eye. It's one of my brushes that I use everyday. 



Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23 at Sephora)

Last time I was in Sephora and looking at some Lancome mascaras, I asked the salesperson which one would give me the most volume and she just told me to follow her to the Too Faced section. I have no lashes, or at least very thin and short ones. Someone actually asked me if I was wearing false lashes when I had this on. I feel like this mascara might be too much for people with very long lashes and might just look clumpy. But with my lashes, it's great. 

What were your favorites this month?


24 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Batiste, especially the cherry formula. I have a lot of dry shampoos to move through, but when I'm done I think I will get myself a bottle. I love dry shampoo since my hair gets oily so fast. It's a great hair refresher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They have so many different types to choose from too.

      Delete
  2. I need to try Batiste dry shampoo, I heard it does a pretty good job with creating volume in your hair! I love the RT brushes, every single one of them has been a hit! I don't need another pencil brush in my collection, but the Mac 219 is tempting! New follower, looking forward to seeing whats next on your blog!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Glad to hear it. :)

      Delete
    2. agree with everything pauline said :) i dont think we have a lot of dry shampoos here in asia, the only brand i know of is lush and it leaves a white cast when i tried it. not sure tho how im going to try Batiste since we cant ship products in tin can in the country.

      Delete
  3. lol that mascara! It really leaves an imprint on your mind due to the name. But I've heard a lot of good things about it. I think it'll be the next mascara I try out. Thanks for sharing :)

    <3 Mariah
    http://mariahruthel.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single product in your favorites this month look super tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. batiste is definitely in my all time favorites, it does wonders for greasy hair days!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of that mac lipstick and orly is amazing!

    lorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many interesting things, I would love to try L'oreal Total Repair 5 Multi Restorative Hair Oil. This is something what I have here too, and it's easy to find it. Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your interesting tips
    kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAC creme cup sounds absolutely amazing - it's definitely a bit pricier for me and my budget, but I really need to pick one of these up! D:

    Junniku blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything you got, especially the MAC lippy!

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, that's some serious love for MAC's Creme Cup. I better get to a counter and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Batiste dry shampoos are truly amazing, can't imagine my life without them any more. This Original version has to be my favourite :D

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wanted to try Batiste Dry Shampoos but I am petrified of spraying too much and getting ending up with a whole head of white. My hair is pitch black so it will be super obvious! Ekkk! But I can definitely see the advantages of dry shampoo. I just might give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog, I love Batiste dry shampoo and I recently reviewed their latest product on my blog :) I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha at Batiste spraying in an "authoritative" way! That sounds silly but I know exactly what you mean. It's my favorite dry shampoo too.

    ReplyDelete