Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Blush Collection



I for one really love swatches. Comparing swatches on google images is probably a favorite pastime of mine. So I decided I would swatch my blush collection and give little mini reviews. I don't have too many blushes because my skin is very fair and they all kind of look the same when you only add a tiny amount. But here is what I do have and use on a regular basis.









BH Cosmetics Blush And Contour Palette

For something made in China and costing $14, this has some of the best color payoff I have ever seen. At first I was like meh I'll never use some of these. But I can tell you, that set sure comes in handy when you try out a foundation that's 4 shades too dark. And the actual blushes are very nice and matte.




(L to R: Feather, Parasol, Carved Rose, Candy Cameo)

Tarina Tarintino Dollskin Cheek Blush Palette 

I'm not sure why I never seem to reach for this palette, because the colors look very pretty swatched. The pigmentation on Carved Rose leaves a bit to be desired, but the others look very pretty. 




(L to R, Urban Decay Glide on Cheek Tint in Indecent, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink, Bellapierre Mineral Blush in Desert Rose)

Ah. My collection of barely used cream blushes and a loose one I got from Glossybox. The Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is a great product. But it's too much for my cheeks and I don't like using my finger to apply things to my lips. So I rarely use it. I actually quite like the Urban Decay Creme Blush. 




(L to R: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radient Magenta, Korres Zae Mays Bush in Pink, Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink )

I probably wear the blushes in this section the most. Specifically the Hourglass and Korres one. They're both very nicely pigmented and have great staying power. I will probably toss out the Bobbi Brown one because it's rather old and I had to really scrape to get some color off. 

What are your favorite blushes?





7 comments:

  1. Love the contour and blush palette! :D
    I use a Benefit blush at the moment but its a bit too pink for my pale skin tone! This has given me good ideas for a new blush! Thank you, great post.

    Emma Louise xx

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang those BH blushes are pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Tarina Tarantino blush palette because it has both cool-toned and warm-toned blushes, but I often forget about it. I think it's because I keep it with my eye palettes because of its size. My Hourglass blush has been my favorite lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this blog post as I'm a total blush addict :D Added a few of these on my WL :D
    My current favourite is the Bourjois Cream Blusher in 03 :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your blush collection! Hourglass has the prettiest packaging <3
    My favorite blush so far is from The Body Shop :D

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You have a pretty sweet collection :-)
    I loved the Korres Zae mays in pink a lot.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have that first Coastal Scents blush! It sure does come in handy on those days when I can't decide on another blush.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete