Friday, August 22, 2014

August 2014 Birchbox



I'm not sure if you guys know, but I have cancelled all of my beauty box subscriptions except for Birchbox. To put it bluntly, I'm tired of getting crap I don't need. But I did keep Birchbox because I like the points system and it still satisfies my craving for little travel goodies. Here's what was in this month's box.






There was no special theme this month for me. 




N4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

This smells pretty average, but having long hair, I can always use more of these miscellaneous sprays. I don't think I will ever use a different leave in conditioner than the It's a 10 one, but these are fun to try out. I don't use heat on my hair, so I'm not sure I need all that protection, but you never know. 

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris

I might be the only person in the world that likes the Birchbox perfume samples. A lot of the ones they send me are actually pretty good. And I like to keep them in my purse or bring them when I travel. And this one is another winner. It has notes of citrus, orange blossom and jasmine. I'm not sure I would buy the full size bottle, but I like it.

The Balm Stainiac

Holy lip stains this is terrible. It's like this jelly type of texture that just does not want to stick to my lips. I added like 5 coats and they all seemed to disappear on my top lip. This product also fades super unevenly. Absolutely hate it. 

Whish Shaving Cream

This looks and feels like conditioner. It works well as a shaving cream. But you could use like $1 conditioner for shaving, so I will skip getting this. 

Vasanti Detox Purifying Face Cleanser

I run away from cleansers that have the word "purifying" in them, because that usually means that they will dry out my skin. But this doesn't have any sulfates in it, which is a good sign. I might try this, but cleansers are one of those products that my skin is super picky about. 




I liked this little envelope way too much. 




Here's a swatch of the Stainiac. It looks deceivingly pretty. 

Overall, this Birchbox was okay. I'll definitely use up at least three of the products. And with reviews, that's $5 in the Birchbox shop.

If you are inclined to get a Birchbox subscription, my referral link is here. 

8 comments:

  1. "Tired of getting crap I don't need" is why I quit Ipsy. It was fun for a few months, but they basically send the same stuff over and over again in slightly different forms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried using the jelly Stainiac as a liquid blush? I've heard from other bloggers who were disappointed with it that it actually functions quite well as a subtle flush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to unsubscribe from Ipsy. I'm really not using the stuff they send me. $10 adds up. I could save the money and in a few months get something I really want at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, it sounds like this month's Birchbox was a disappointment.

    I quite like Ipsy so far (*knocks on wood*), but so many people seem unhappy with theirs, so maybe my case is an anomaly. Lol.

    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that enveloppe is cute, tee hee ;-) I agree, it's a pretty decent box, I'd be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to unsubscribe from Ipsy, too; your last post about unsubscribing from it got me thinking. I mean, seriously, how many sunscreens, lip balms, and champagne-beige eyeshadows does one really need? Not enough to receive them in every damn bag. Yawn.

    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oeeeeeh, superleuk! Ik wil ook een Birchbox :-). Ga meteen is kijken naar de site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree, thats why I dont do subcription boxes... Some suck really badly. :(

    ReplyDelete