Friday, August 8, 2014

Haul: Surprise Packages



In my opinion, surprise packages are awesome, but surprise packages with makeup are the best thing ever. My boyfriend recently found my Sephora wish list (I sent it to him sshhhh) and decided to send me some goodies. 






I have always wanted to try the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette. I just love the packaging of the collection, the neutral colors in the collection were right up my alley. More browns and beiges? Aw yissss. 




The palette comes in a nice pouch. There's also a sad sponge tip applicator floating around in there. Yes let me just apply these really expensive eyeshadows with something that makes it look like I can't put on makeup. 




The palette itself is very sleek and nice to hold.






As you can see, there are 3 mattes, 3 shimmers and one ohmygodinyourface glitter. 




I also got the Dolce & Gabbana blush in tan. I had heard that it is a wondrous not too orange contour color. 




Also comes in a little velvet pouch.




And the compact. Really pretty. 




It comes with its own little brush. I would have preferred they get rid of the brush and add more bronzer but I can't complain too much. 





I also got the DiorShow in waterproof. I already tried it out though, and it's sadly going back to the store because it smudges. Really nice packaging though. 






And here are some swatches. I think the bottom photo most accurately shows the true colors. The most unique shade in my opinion is the light pink one. It has an almost holographic quality to it. 

Have you tried any of these products?

10 comments:

  1. Awesome gifts! I'd be a bit scared if my boyfriend tried to makeup shop for me, even with a list. He does give me surprise food sometimes though and I feel OK about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet, SWEET boyfriend you have!

    Enjoy your stash. ;-)

    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg you got the Lolita palette! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A boyfriend that sends you sephora goodies?! You've got a good one! Awesome haul :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could leave wishlists around but I doubt my boyfriend would ever get the hint! The Lolita palette looks amazing- you can never have too many neutral eyeshadows x
    eleanor's adventures in
    wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I love neutrals. And you should just send it to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. He is pretty awesome. And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It is truly a very nice palette. Marc Jacobs has some of the nicest packaging ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! He actually did pick out some samples for me…….and managed to get two colognes. So maybe wish lists are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amai, wat lief van je lief!

    ReplyDelete