Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: Influenster Vitality Vox Box*



Wohooo! I qualified for another Influenster Vox Box. This time it was Vitality themed. I'm still not so sure what that means, but I'm always down for free stuff.





Pure Leaf Real Brewed Tea

This tastes like unsweetened ice tea. I for one, like unsweetened ice tea, but you could easily make this. But really, this is a great option when you're in a convenience store and want something refreshing. Much better than soda. 

Bikini Ready Energy Gummies

I don't think I'm the right consumer for these. I have like one cup of coffee per day. But in the name of science (or consumerism), I did try these out before going to the gym. I wouldn't say that I had more energy or anything. Also, one serving is like 1/2 a cup of coffee. So why not just drink coffee. These also don't taste very good. 

I would say the real secret to a bikini ready situation is to go to some physical activity rather than rely on energy gummies.



Playtex Sport Fresh Balance

I am a lady and I use tampons. Therefore, I will use these. The only tampons I dislike are the super cheap ones with those cardboard applicators that are super blunt. Other than that, I have no strong feelings.

First Degree Burn Cream

Luckily, I'm not someone that burns themselves a lot. And I wasn't about to burn myself in order to try this. So I guess this will just hang out in my first aid kit until someone needs it. This is honestly the first burn cream I have received in any subscription box. 




Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Serum

While burn creams are rare, I seem to get serums left and right. This one has ceramides in it, and these really cool pearl bead type of things. I tried it, it feels nice. But it didn't have any life changing effects. 

Softlips Cube

Why do lip balms have to be different shapes now? I just don't get it. Surely a tube is easier to store in a makeup bag than a box. Either way, this was fine. I didn't find it to be very hydrating, most likely because of the menthol in it. Give me some vaseline or plain chapstick with SPF and my needs are covered. 

**I received all of these items complimentary for review purposes. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the way the Softlips balm looks, but I guess if we HAVE to be practical then yes, a tube is like 100x more convenient than a bulky square pot. I haven't received a Vox Box in a while, but based on the ones I've seen Influenster sure seems to love sending out Playtex tampons.

    ReplyDelete