Saturday, November 1, 2014

October 2014 Empties


Wohoo. It's empties time. I haven't done one of these in a while, so I have accumulated quite a bit of used up products. And I have lots of thoughts to share. Okay. More like a moderate amount. But still. 






I finished up three perfumes. Which tend to last forever for me because I switch through a bunch all the time depending on my mood and someone they all last for 10 years.  The first one was the BVLGARI Rose Esentielle which, unsurprisingly, smells like rose. I don't think I would go for this one again because I just don't love rose that much. This was also given to me by my mom because she rejected it too. The other perfume I used up was the Pacifica Lilac Spray. What bothered me about this was that it did not come with a cap, and that's a silly thing to not like, but I want my perfumes to have caps. This smelled like straight up lilacs. And I liked it for the summer, but for the winter I would enjoy things that are more complex and less straight up floral. I also used up a tiny vial of the Tory Birch perfume which smells like neroli and grapefruit. I was unimpressed with that one. 




Here are two of my skincare empties. I used up a deluxe sample size of the Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital night cream. And it was actually very nice. Super moisturizing and non irritating. The only problem is that the full size is $50 and I'm not about that life. The second product was a ILoveSkin Inc serum that I got in my Glossybox. I got the soothing version and I really enjoyed it. It was more of a gel texture, but again, very moisturizing. I also love the little bottle with a pipette, I'll keep it for traveling. I'm glad I have another one because my mom gave me the one from her Glossybox. But same story, full sizes of these babies are $45.




Next up we have some subscription box samples. The first one is a Antica Farmacista body wash from Birchbox. My feelings towards this are the same as all overpriced body washes: no me gusta. The smell was okay but it was too drying. And up next we have the Harvey Price Liquid Loofah body wash. This was supposed to be an exfoliating one, but it had like maybe 3 microbeads in the entire thing. The smell was good, but again, not worth the price. The last sample was an Ayres body butter from Glossybox in the Patagonia scent. It was okay. But just okay. Nothing about it stood out. 




Then I finished up a Caviar CC Cream. I'm still not exactly sure what this is supposed to be. I used it as a smoothing type cream to control the frizzies, and it wasn't too bad. I also used up a bottle of Essie Mademoiselle, and I have repurchased this several times because it looks so nice on my nails and really makes them look like fancy fake nails when they're not. And for my only makeup item, I decided to toss my Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liner. It was getting dry, but I really love this eyeliner. I have already bought another one. 

I also used up some Batiste dry shampoo and Tresemme Conditioner but I go through those like water, so I'll skip talking about them every month. 

What were your empties recently?

4 comments:

  1. Three microbeads in the body wash? Impressive. :P I should really try Essie Mademoiselle. I would like my nails to look like fancy fake nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfume without a cap would annoy me too. Why Pacifica, why?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! It takes me forever to use anything up these days, due to product overload. :-P
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using Batiste's Dry Shampoo in Blush too! ^ 3 ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete