Sunday, December 28, 2014

Post Christmas Sale Haul/ Presents/ Amazon Finds



I decided to combine several things into today's post because I seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff. Which is the story of my life. But some of this stuff is pretty awesome and I wanted to share. My parents and I did not go all out on Christmas presents this year, but we do like to wander around to stores before and after. Which is almost more fun, because it extends the festivities. And here's what we found.



Starting off with this little duo. I actually bought the crop top first from Nordstrom Rack. It's from Topshop and it was on sale for something like $12. It's pretty standard but the bottom has this little triangle cutout. I thought it would be great with some high waisted skirts. Like this one I found at an Urban Outfitters sale a week later for $5. I love Urban Outfitters sales when they have an extra 50% off sale items. You can get some great deals. 



I also found this really nice festive dress at TjMaxx for $12. It wasn't until Christmas Eve that I realized I didn't bring a party dress with me. And my family celebrates Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day, so time was of the essence. My dad gave me about 15 minutes to go pick something out. And I bought this without even trying it on. But I think it's great. The top is this fuzzy texture and the bottom is tulle. And because it's in black, it doesn't look like "too much" for a family dinner party. 



I'm a really big fan of basic white t-shirts, and Gap makes some of my favorites. One of these is a long sleeve v neck, and the other a boxy style crew neck short sleeve shirt. Together they were $6. I definitely should have bought more. 




Moving on to beauty, I received a Naked 3 Palette from my parents for Christmas. Which was very nice of them. I have been on the fence about this pallete since it came out, but I decided that I wanted to try it. And it's great. I'm definitely a fan. I also got a Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche from my Mom's Glossybox. I cancelled mine a while ago, but my mom still gets hers, and sometimes she's nice enough to share. And finally, I bought the Andalou Naturals Luminous Eye Serum from Amazon. It had great reviews on the Paula's Choice site, and it was only $13, so I decided to give it a try. 




I also asked by parents for Cards Against Humanity, because I think my friends and I will really enjoy playing it. It's like Apples to Apples, but a little more inappropriate.  And I bought myself a little wireless speaker from Amazon. This one was $30 and was the best selling speaker in their little speaker section. Reviews looked solid, so I decided to try it out. And so far, I really like it. 




And for some miscellaneous bits and bobbles. I bought some of those ribbon hair ties from the Gap, and a very pretty scented candle from Home Goods. 




And finally, I ventured into Lush for my first bath bombs. 13 year olds on Youtube have convinced me I need these. I will keep everyone updated.

Did you hit up any great post Christmas sales this year?










6 comments:

  1. Love everything, especially the clothes! That Christmas eve dress is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I was just telling my friends today that I want to play Cards Against Humanity... I feel like the only person on the planet that hasn't had a chance to indulge. Happy New Year!

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!


    And nice haul for the prices of the products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am! And thank you. I love after Christmas sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe there is a free option to print them out ourself and play with those, if you're interested. But it's a super fun game :)


    And Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I got lucky that it fit well.

    ReplyDelete