Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Review: Paula's Choice Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser & Recovery Enriched Calming Toner



I thought that I would do a 2 for 1 review today, since both of these products are from the same line. I've been going through a lot of Paula's Choice products in the past few months, and some of them are definitely stand outs that I use in my routine everyday. Others are kind of meh, but in the sense that they don't do much, not in the sense that they make me break out or anything. And that's one of the reasons I really like Paula's Choice. Nothing is tragic. It's all either very good or average. And there are always some discount codes floating around. Speaking of which, feel free to use my referral link to get $10 off your first order. Just click here






I chose the Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser to try out because it was the only one that is described as being for dry skin. I believe it is also the only one that does not have sulfates. People have said that this is very comparable to the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. I have not tried that so I can't comment. But I have been using this one for about 6 months now and it is by far my favorite cleanser. It never dries out my skin, even in the winter, and works really well to get the residue from oil cleansing off of my face. I will say however, if you are using this as your only cleanser, it will not take off all of your makeup. But in my experience, the only cleansers that do take off your makeup are very harsh. So I would say that this is great for people with dry skin who don't wear makeup, or who use a makeup remover or oil cleansing first. Oh, and after 6 months, I still have like 2/3 of the bottle. There's a lot in there. 




It looks like a watery white cream and does not foam up at all. The ph is 6, which is great for a cleanser. There is also some mineral oil in the formula, but it's pretty far down the list. I do not have any problems with mineral oil though, as I use a mineral oil based product for my first cleanse. 




The Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner on the other hand, is not my favorite product. It's not bad, I put it on after I wash my face and it feels fine. Sinks in quickly, doesn't burn, doesn't make my skin red. But other than that, I don't find that it has any effect on my skin. It's not particularily hydrating, it does not calm my acne, and I don't notice any sort of brightening or anything. If anyone is looking for a hydrating toner, I would go with something like the Benton Aloe Toner or the Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion.  

And there you have it, my thoughts on these two products from the Recovery line. I'm currently trying out other Paula's Choice products, so there will definitely be more reviews up soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment