Monday, January 26, 2015

January 2014 Empties


Here's to another empties post. At the end of April, I'll be moving from my house. And I already have so much stuff that I've been trying to use up all the things I have and not buy new ones. So I don't need like 10 uhauls. Therefore, my empties have been pretty impressive lately. For me at least, because I used to have like 10 bottles of lotion open at the same time. 





The first thing that I used up was the Aqua Spa Body Cleanser in Lavender + Chamomile. I got a sample of the matching lotion in one of my Glossyboxes, and I really liked it. And to my surprise, they have it on the Walmart website. So I bought the shower gel. And I really enjoyed it. The scent is super calming for the nighttime and this foams up really nicely. The only downside is that the scent doesn't stay on the skin, which I kind of enjoy. 

Then I had two samples of body wash. Both of these were meh. 

I used up another Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. This is probably my 5th one or so. It's very cheap and my favorite conditioner. I have to say that I think the moisture version is the best. I tried the one for colored hair too, and found that to be less hydrating.




And of course. Sunscreen. This was the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL. I bought this from Ebay because it's not sold in the US. It's a solid sunscreen if you have dry skin. I can't use this in the summer because I get all greasy and it makes my makeup look a little janky. But in the winter it is amazing. The only problem is that it is a bit pricey, so I might look for alternatives. 

I also tried out the Paula's Choice Moisture Boost. This is her cream for dry skins. I used it every morning and I think it is a solid product. However, I prefer the feel and scent of the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre, so I will probably go back to that one. 

If you want $10 off your first Paula's Choice order, feel free to use my referral link here

Ah. The Rimmel Stay Matte. I'm throwing this out because it has a weird film over the top and it's just worth it to me to scrape it off. This was okay. I used it in the summer and it kept me from getting shiny. But I prefer the Ben Nye Neutral Set. 




The Mitchel and Beach Body cream was also a sample from Glossybox I believe. It was okay. But I found the scent to be kind of old lady-ish. 

I actually finished a full size of the Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake candle too, but I cleaned that jar out and repurposed it. This was a good scent if you're into pumpkin, which I certainly am. I don't think these mini candles are a good value though, so I would always go for the full 3 wick size instead. 

And I really wanted to mention my Red Cherry lashes in #48. I usually lose these, but I finally managed to keep a pair until they became too gross to wear. Red Cherry in my opinion, makes the best lashes for the value. They're like $12 for 6 pairs on Amazon. The #43's are their most popular, but they are too long for me, so I prefer the #48. 



I used up a Lancome L'Extreme mascara. This is my third tube and I have to say that this has transformed into my favorite mascara of all time. It doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, yet comes off super easily with any sort of oil based makeup remover. I would say it is more lengthening than volumizing, but I wear it with primer so I have enough volume from that. The only thing that I don't like is the price.

I usually don't review foil packets, but I think this is a really solid product. It's called the Hourglass Hyaluronic Skin Tint. In theory, it is a tinted moisturizer, but it is quite thick with medium coverage. Yet somehow, it seems more like a bb cream to me. And if you have dry skin, this is amazing. The finish is super nice and dewey, and it looks good all day long. If I didn't own too many bb creams and tinted moisturizers already, I would buy this. And Ivory is a tad too dark for me, so I would go for the lightest shade. 

And of course. Another bottle of Essie Mademoiselle. Which is my favorite color nowadays. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that Lancome mascara looks amazing !!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been liking the Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cream, but I want to try the Embryolisse. I should go get a sample of it from Sephora. I'm kind of sick of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and need to find a new one. I think the little bit of shine in it has been bugging me. I want my skin more truly matte when I wear a powder.

    ReplyDelete