Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: Pocketderm


I ended up getting a Pocketderm subscription last November, because I was just really fed up with my acne. I've never had bad acne, but enough to the point where it bothered me. And I was using, Tretinoin, BHA's, and being really careful about products. In the end, I figured it was hormonal, and this was the best I could get it with topical medications. But guess what. I was wrong. Pocketderm has helped me skin tremendously and I've finally gotten around to doing a review on it. 





To start off with, Pocketderm is an online dermatology service aimed towards acne and now anti-aging. You basically sign up, send them pictures of your face, tell them about your skin, and they send you a custom medication with actives that are commonly used to treat acne. This costs $20 a month for the acne side, and they send you a new bottle every three months, or as often as you need. If your prescription isn't working, then they send you another one. It's only available in certain states though, so make sure to check their website. 


Each bottle looks like this, and is a little airtight pump bottle. 


On the back they have your doctors name, and the percentages of all the active ingredients. Before Pocketderm, I was using .0025% Tretinoin. As you can see, this contains less, but it has other things like Clindamycin and Azaelic Acid. The bottle also says when it expires and whatnot. Different people get different percentages based on their previous experience with tretinoin, the severity of their acne, and other factors. 


They also give you a little instruction booklet. And, as part of your subscription you can message your dermatologist all day erryday and they usually get back to me in a couple of hours. 

And now for the money shot. 


Like I said, my acne wasn't bad to begin with, but that picture was taken on a good day. I used to get about 1-3 breakouts a week, and in the past month I have gotten 1. Which is impressive. I find that Pocketderm is not super helpful in healing old acne marks for me, but I don't really want to bump up my prescription, and I have other products for that anyway. 

Overall, I think this is a great product. It removes the hassle of going to the dermatologist, and I think the ingredients they use in medication are solid. And the best part is that if you use a referral link, the first month is free. I definitely did that when I first tried it out. My link is here. 

If you're struggling with acne, or you're interested in getting tretinoin for anti-aging purposes, I think Pocketderm is great to try. 




No comments:

Post a Comment