Sunday, January 4, 2015

Travel Edition: Empties and Favourites


I've spent the last couple of weeks in Florida, so I don't really have enough products with me to do either a full empties or favorites. I thought I would combine the two instead, and show you what I really use on vacation. Because I tend to keep both my makeup and nails pretty minimal.





I used up another bottle of the Hada-Labo UV Creamy Gel. This is probably my favorite sunscreen for the summer or humid places like Florida. It has the best protection I have ever found, and a spectacular finish for a sun screen. However, it is too drying for me to use in Michigan during the winter, so I will save my other bottles for the warmer months. 

I also finished a mini Nivea Creme. This is the US version I believe, and I prefer the German one, which I use at home because I have a big tub of it. But this is still my favorite night time moisturizer and a holy grail product for me. 

I'll also include the Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector despite the fact that I did not finish it. I got this as a sample and I used up about half of it, and I have to toss it. It clogs my pores like crazy and I see no benefits to my skin whatsoever. This product is also ridiculously expensive.


One of my absolute favorites this month has been the OPI Nail Envy. I was really skeptical about giving this a try because I didn't think that nail strengtheners actually worked. Plus, I really like painting my nails. But I had a couple of weeks off from school and decided to fully commit to putting this on my nails every other day as instructed and keeping them bare. And it worked. My nails are so much longer and stronger than before. I'd definitely hooked. I might keep doing this for a little bit longer before I go back to painting them. 

I only took two mini perfumes with me on vacation and I really enjoyed this one by Nest called Dahlia & Vines. This came as a trio from Sephora during one of their Black Friday deals. It's a really nice, fresh slightly citrus scent. Great for lounging around and going to the beach. I'm not sure if I will commit to buying a full bottle of this, but I really like all the Nest minis I have. 

And last but not least is my favorite mascara combo of probably the last 6 months, the Lancome L'Extreme mascara and the Lancome Cils Booster Xl primer. I have very unimpressive lashes and I love both of these products so much. The primer makes my lashes more voluminous and I would say gives them 2x more length, while the mascara lengthens them even more. I love this combo so much I have about 2 backups of each. I'm never going back to mascara without a primer, because it also keeps it from smudging on me. 

What are your vacation favourites?






No comments:

Post a Comment