Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 2015 Glossybox


So I have to make a confession, I actually cancelled Glossybox a long time ago, but my mother still gets it. And now that I'm living with her, I get to sneakily try all of her makeup products. So I thought I would do a review for old times sake. 




As usual, the packaging is gorgeous. 


I though this month's selection was quite nice. A conditioner, gel cream, nail polish, mascara and plumping lip gloss. 


1. Nexxus Color Assure Conditioner ($13.99)

I think this is a solid conditioner. It's make for color treated hair, which I have, and no sulfates. It also apparently has some UV protection, which is a cool idea, but I don't know if I buy into it. Smells nice. Definitely a product I will borrow. 

2. Etre Belle Aloe Vera Gel ($24.99)

This is actually the full size tube. I did not expect to like this, but it's a great gel. It feels very nice on the skin and does provide that aloe vera moisture. The only things that are kind of strange are the green tint and smell. It does show up green on the face. And the smell reminds me of like Soviet Union era face powders that were sitting in my grandmas vanity for 20 years. But I kind of like it. 

3. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara ($14.50)

I would say this is in my top 5 mascaras. A bit smudgy for me, but the volume and length is great. 

4. Orly Nail Polish in ??? ($3.99)

I'm the worst person ever because I already lost the bottle so I can't even tell everyone the color. But this was a miss. I tried it and it chipped within a day. My mom tried it and it took her like 4 coats and it was still streaky. I'm not into Orly polishes, they all seem to be slightly off. The base coat is great though. That orange rubbery on. 

5. City Cosmetics City Lips ($35)

First of all, the price of this lip gloss is on par with high end products. Which just irritates me. The packaging looks so cheap. And I'm sorry but I couldn't even swatch this. The color looks like the worst thing ever, a metallic purple pink? Jesus. I don't mind plumping, but I wish this would have been a nude or pink color. My mom passed on it too. So it will go in the give away pile for some unfortunate victim. 


It looked like this for about 4 hours. 

Anyway. The Glossybox was okay. A couple of things I liked, a couple of things that were very meh. 









No comments:

Post a Comment