Friday, June 5, 2015

Makeup Geek Shadows in Cupcake and Cosmopolitan



I finally decided to try out Makeup Geek shadows. I know I'm quite behind with the times. But I recently got one of those MAC fill your own palettes and since I had the space, I decided to try out different types of shadows. What a logical way of thinking. I do really hate z palettes though. So I needed to get these babies a home before trying them out. I decided to get the colors "Cupcake" and "Cosmopolitan" since I love pinky shades. 




Cupcake on the Left, Cosmopolitan on the Right. 

The shadows come in standard pans, just like the MAC ones. 



Basically I swatched these and then I hopped on the website and ordered 6 more. Different shades obviously. Cupcake seems similar to the Lorac Pro "Mauve" but more pink. I really like to use that for a transition shade. And Cosmopolitan is a super sparkly light pink/peach with gold. I don't think I have a color like it actually. Either way, these both blend super easily and look great on the eye. 

So basically, any suggestions for other Makeup Geek shadows are more than welcome. 


4 comments:

  1. Cosmopolitan looks beautiful. I have my heart set on MUG Desert Sands x
    Beauty Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that one looks great too. Makeup geek has amazing shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the verge of placing a very large Makeup Geek eyeshadow order. I think I have 12 eyeshadows in my basket. I've never tried them, but everyone loves them, so I doubt I'd be disappointed. Cosmopolitan is in my cart. Why do you hate z palettes? (I've never owned one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Cosmopolitan. It's gorgeous. And it's the weirdest thing. They look and feel cheap to me. I bought one for $20 and I think my MAC palette that was $10 is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete