Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review: MAC Soar Lipliner


I've really liked my other two MAC liners, so I thought I would get something that was a little darker than a MLBB color. Plus everyone raves about this. So why not. 





This is supposed to be a nude for some people, but on my skin tone, it is definitely a light burgundy. It's darker than I thought it would be from looking at the swatches. But I still quite like the color. 

Unfortunately for me, I forgot that Fed Ex trucks don't have AC, and when I opened this and swatched it the first time I got it, I basically had a little melted lip pencil tragedy. But that was resolved with a quick stay in the fridge. However, this color seems to be a lot creamier than my other liners. And now I don't know if it was because of the heat or the formula. Either way, creaminess in lip liners never bothered me. And it is completely matte. 

The staying power is vey good. Definitely lasted all day for me even with eating. No problems there. 


MAC Soar on the left and Boldly Bare on the right. Boldly Bare is much lighter and more brownish. 


And here it is on my lips. As you can see, it's quite dark. 

What are your favorite MAC liners?

2 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating whether to buy this one or not because I am looking for a nude liner. But even though it comes up nude on a lot of people, I know it'll show up dark on me as well! It'll probably look even darker on me than it does on you!

    Either way, it looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And definitely get it. You can apply it over balm for a lighter wash of color that also looks great.

    ReplyDelete