Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash-Off Mask Review



This is a pretty surprising product for me to review. I usually stay very far away from physical exfoliators and anything harsh. But I read so many good reviews about this stuff, even from people with dry and sensitive skin. So I had to give it a go. Especially because the scent was rumored to be out of this world. 






This is essentially a combination of a "scrub" and a mask. You massage it into your face, let it sit there, and then wash it off. The ingredients have the actual physical exfoliator listed as good old fashioned sugar and a bunch of more moisturizing things like shea butter and strawberry seed oil. And that's kind of what sold me on this. I enjoy putting moisturizing things on my face. 

Full ingredients are:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose, Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lanolin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Seed, Sorbitan Laurate, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Water, BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, CI 17290, CI 17986, Parfum



The jar does come with a little protection seal so your strawberry goodness doesn't spill everywhere during shipping. And you know no one has touched it. 




Doesn't that look like straight up food?




And it looks like it spread out too. There are what look to be actual little strawberry pieces. I will admit, the smell is super good. Like opening a jar of real preserves good. I'm into it. 

But now onto the actual review of what it does to my face. I will start with the good things. It does make my skin super soft after using it, and it feels "clean". I don't have any sort of flaking situations, so I can't comment on that. BUT. And this is a sad but. This does dry out my skin a bit. Which is a huge bummer. After I take it off, I do get that little bit of tightness. And then when I apply my serum or whatever, my cheeks sting a little bit. Which is how I know the new product is irritating my skin. 

So overall, I might use this up. But I definitely cannot use it on a daily basis or anything like that. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh wouldn't have picked this out to have been the drying type of mask! I think I read something about black sugar being moisturising, so that's a bit of a let down! I've use a rice mask from Skinfood before and that didn't seem to do much for me, unfortunately. I seem to get better results with sheet masks!

    ReplyDelete