Friday, January 1, 2016

New Fall and Winter Items



I've been trying very hard to be on a low-buy for makeup and beauty products recently, but with some trips and other exciting things, I just couldn't control myself. It's still pretty tame though. I did very well during black friday and the Christmas season though, I resisted buying anything. But here is a kind of overview of what new things I have been trying. 





Here are the Bourgois Healthy Mix Serum and Powder. I bought these at a drugstore in Lithuania for about 7 euros each. 

The foundation is in 51 Light Vanilla and the powder in 52 Vanilla. On the swatch, the powder on the left looks a tad bit darker than the foundation, but in real life they are very very similar. And I love both of them. I use the powder every day, I find it to be very natural and not overly matte. The foundation is also very nice for dry skin, but it does show flakes on me throughout the day, so I tend to use it only for special occasions. These two products are very much worth their price and it is a shame they are so hard to find in the US. 


Next we have some lip products. I found the Nuxe Reve de Miel at Frankfurt airport for about 9 euros. And it is as magical as everyone makes it out to be. I love the smell, it's like a very natural honey smell (obviously). The texture does have some grains that buff the lips nicely, and it is very thick and long lasting. I will repurchase this when I run out (for more than 9 euros sadly). 

I have wanted to try the Elf lip exfoliator for a while now and I think it is a solid product. It does smell nice, and it exfoliates very well. But I do need to use an extra balm with it as it is not moisturizing enough for me. 

Then the Essence lipstick in 05 Cool Nude. This was also from a drugstore in Lithuania. And I did not expect to like it as much as I did. The formula is just great. Moisturizing, but not too shiny and very long lasting. Plus the color is to die for. A very nice pinky brown nude. As you can see below, it pairs very nicely with MAC lipliner in soar (top swatch). 



This is the Bare Minerals The Magic Act Eye and Cheek palette. Template rates in an A and I managed to get it for about $12 with some sales and codes. I'm not sure if this is still available, but it is a very nice palette. You can do so many eye looks, and there are two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter. I took only this palette with me on a trip to Arizona and I had no problems. The formulas of the powders are also great. No complaints. Here they are swatched below. 



These are the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors. I was going to resist them, but there was a sale kit of two full size colors for 19 euros. That's less than one in the US. I have not used these yet, but I have been trying out the Catrice dupe version, and I will definitely make a post comparing them in the future. So far though, the Catrice ones are great. They are an interesting product, a cross between a lip gloss and balm with some sort of magic power to make your lips look nicer. 


I wanted to give a shout out to this mascara since I rarely see it mentioned anywhere. This is the Loreal Double Extend mascara. It comes with a primer on one end and the mascara on the other, and it is one of those tubing mascaras. I cannot wear regular mascara in Florida because the humidity is too high and I get raccoon eyes, even from waterproof. This is my 4th tube of this particular mascara and I don't see myself wearing anything else. The primer helps my short lashes look nicer and it stays all day. 


And last but not least, I found this Lady Gaga Fame perfume on sale. The bottle just seemed so cool to me that I had to get it. I will keep everyone updated on the scent, as I have not tried it yet. One of my new years resolutions is to use up perfume before I open new ones. 

I hope this post wasn't too long for everyone and feel free to share your thoughts if you have used any of these products. And I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment